Hey folks! New to the forum. I just bought a '19 base model with a stick, so I can hopefully tow it behind our RV. I also wanted something to put my dogs in for a ride...and to allow them to fit I modded the rear space. I removed the seats and belt anchors, then traced out a pattern and got some plywood. After I cut the wood I taped the sides so as not to scratch up the plastic interior bits, then installed some foam mat material. Finally, I found a perfect sized dog hammock/cargo cover that spans the front seat backs and the entire cargo floor space as well as the rear doors. Now I can fit two of my larger dogs somewhat comfortably! 

Edited by Rik
Grammar error

Dang you really went for it... I'm just going to buy a bigger car...

I wish the seats folded down flat like most vehicles.  I don't understand the nearly half up approach... not super helpful.  

Yours sounds cool though! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a big suv for longer trips with multiple dogs...a VW Atlas that folds completely flat. I once had a Honda Fit, which also folded all the way flat, and flat towed even with an automatic. I should never have sold it! I got the Spark with a GM discount, and at least it was way cheaper than a Honda and lighter...and with the mods I made I can fit two dogs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...