I just ordered a used Chevy (etb) throttle body to see if I could modify it slightly to allow quicker throttle response and get by that 80% wot block without tuning just yet. I will keep you all posted. We have to start trying new things because the aftermarket for this car truly sucks. I will post pictures if everything works out and if not, I will also post the fail. Hey for $25, its worth the time and effort for the information. I may have to change my current airbox set-up and go with a larger cool air intake as the throttle body is larger. One step at a time....

Pics of the donor throttle body vs. Stock 1.4l throttle body before modification. Donor is from a 2015 Buick Lesabre. 2.4l  or 2013 Malibu. Picked because the connector looked the same. I may also put a spacer in there. While I have it apart.IMG_20190504_062304.jpg

Screenshot_2019-05-04-07-16-11-267_com.ebay.mobile.png

Screenshot_2019-05-04-06-20-22-027_com.ebay.mobile.png

Screenshot_2019-05-04-17-37-18-076_com.ebay.mobile.png

• 2 weeks later...

If this works and I ever get my car running, this could be a very good upgrade for me. My intercooler and turbo piping are 2.5 but it bottlenecks into a smaller pipe with the MAF sensor and throttle body. Friendly reminder, careful unplugging the throttlebody. Otherwise, you could end up like me with a broken clip. The connection is obviously important and if your plug is loose at all it triggers limp in mode. Zipties to the rescue for now

20190518_085228.jpg

Edited by LittleBlue!

You do have the 1.2 liter model so maybe the 1.4l throttle body would also be a closer upgrade. The other Chevy models have a different connector unfortunately because the 1.5l would have also been an option. I'll try to get updates on the throttle body by tonight. Ran into a ton of snags in the rear suapension project today. 

No go on the throttle body upgrade.  Here are the details: Chevy has made the throttle body and intake manifold perfectly matched in size at a pitiful 1.75" The only way to modify any of it, would be to remove the intake manifold ( made of plastic ) and replace it with a custom intake manifold or redesign the opening. I took some pics for detail.

IMG_20190518_152737.jpg

IMG_20190518_152814.jpg