2015 Spark trunk gap after accident

I had a guy rear-end my Spark in February. I was stopped in traffic on the interstate and he was going about 50-55. He said he spilled his coffee and next thing he had hit me. The damage to the bumper itself wasn't bad. The body shop said they would just have to replace the bumper when they did the quote but didn't look under the car or anything. I pointed out a gap between the trunk and the bumper to which he said that's normal but if there is something else we'll take of it with the insurance company. Went to pick it up yesterday and the bumper isn't sitting right. The top corners are sticking way up and bounces when you poke it. The big gap is still there. He told me it won't fit exactly right because it was involved in an accident and it's just the clips that aren't sitting right. I refused to accept it so they're going to take another look but he can't guarantee anything will change because it's "just the clips." I'm really worried there's damage to the undercarriage or something else with that gap and the way the bumper is sitting. Any suggestions or opinions on the situation would be really appreciated! The picture I included is of the gap in the truck. 

20190226_093420.jpg