I just bought my 2015 Chevy Spark 6 months ago. Since then it seems to have so many problems, none are covered by my full warrenty. My Drivers Door closes but not all of the way, it causes one of the Dash Boards lights ( check engine lights??)  to Stay in all of the Time, which in turn is Draining my Battery? Does anyone have any suggestions  regarding this problem!  I do not know if I need to have this fixed by the Dealer or if it is a minor and my son could repair it?  I have seen quite a few articles online regarding  the Drivers Door on the Chevy Spark not closing properly! Also to prevent an accident I had to hit the Curd, Just  my front  tires hit the Curb!   Could this have caused this problem with my door not closing??  I would appreciate any suggestions Greatly!! Thanks, maryann021

If door does not close properly, chances are the car has probably been in an accident. Just my 2 cents.

Hitting the curb with tire/wheel should not bend the frame enough to cause door closing problem.

At worst you might get a bent axle, at best a wheel mis-alignmnent. My 1977 Chevy Malibu (an excellent car!)

slid on icy road and hit a 3 foot high boulder on the side of road with the rear wheel. The rear wheels began vibrating at speeds over 30mph. I though it was bent rear axle and had it changed by a friend mechanic. That did not correct the problem. Then I had both rear tires re-balanced, and voila...smooth again. So I am guessing the impact with the boulder must have knocked off the  balancing weight attached to wheel rim.

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bobby MSME said:

If door does not close properly, chances are the car has probably been in an accident. Just my 2 cents.

Hitting the curb with tire/wheel should not bend the frame enough to cause door closing problem.

At worst you might get a bent axle, at best a wheel mis-alignmnent. My 1977 Chevy Malibu (an excellent car!)

slid on icy road and hit a 3 foot high boulder on the side of road with the rear wheel. The rear wheels began vibrating at speeds over 30mph. I though it was bent rear axle and had it changed by a friend mechanic. That did not correct the problem. Then I had both rear tires re-balanced, and voila...smooth again. So I am guessing the impact with the boulder must have knocked off the  balancing weight attached to wheel rim.

Thank You for your reply regarding my Chevy Spark door!  When  I BOUGHT THIS 2015 Chevy Spark From R.K. Chevrolet Dealer in Virginia Beach, I was going to pay 7,400.00 cash , total price including EVERYTHING! The manager came in to tell me my FICO was over 800 and have me a lot of reasons why I should finance the car instead of paying cash! So I agreed to finance the car and a Credit Union with her low interest did finance my car! I had signed all of my papers and I thought everything was done, I made sure the  Car Sales Man knew I did not want ANYTHING added to the car, it had 3  different warrenties already on it, even though one was getting ready to expire!  I explained that I only put about 3000 miles a year on my car, and since they said it was in great condition, and had the car fax, I wasn't concerned that the car was going to need any major work ! I signed what I thought was my last paper, it showed that I was buying the car for 7400.00 and 500.00 down, my balance was 6900.00.  Within a short amount of time  I received a nice letter  from the Credit Union that financed my car, also it had my balance that I owed! The Balance was 9080.00 and some cents!!!! I was so upset,  because the papers that I signed at R.K.Chevrolet showed my balance was 6900, I was told that The Credit Union or No One  else would finance the car unless, they added another Warrenty, ( mechanical warrenty?). It cost  over 2,000.00 for a 2 year warrenty! I was so upset, I said NO ONE told me anything at all about a Warrenty, and NO ONE  had my Permission to add a Warranty for over 2,000  to the amount I was fianancing, I signed papers that showed  I was financing 6900 !! They knew if they had told me about the Warrenty  or even bothered to get my Permission,  that I would Never Have Agreed to adding a Warrenty! They all  knew I wanted to pay cash, and I would have absolutely said NO  to the Warranty and just paid the balance in Cash!! The WORST  THING OF  ALL which sounds  like FRAUD to me, I was talking to the Credit Union 1-2  days ago, and I was "Shocked" when they told me They NEVER requested that a Warranty be added to my car to Finance It??? What was said was that was just another way for the Salesman /R.K.Chevrolet to make a couple extra 2000 bucks  from me!!  This whole thing sounds like FRAUD to me!  It has been over 10 months since I bought this Spark, and I have not even put 1000 miles on it yet!!!?? I've been I'll the last year! Who in the World is going to pay at least 1000 a year to Warranty a car that's driven less than 1000 miles???  The Credit Union have me the Name of the Company who has the Warranty on my car plus their phone number, also information like account number etc. They said call them and Cancel the Warranty since you never wanted it!! That company said they would fax me a piece of paper to sign canceling the Warrenty! OMG the paper that I received had to be filled out by the dealer!.

On 4/19/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bobby MSME said:

That tactic is used a lot. They want you to finance because they get a kickback from the finance company. They will also convince you that a extended warranty is needed for financing. In your case somewhere they had to have sneaked it in or there would have been a breach of contract. what I would suggest is when you buy next time and do have to finance is get approval from your bank or credit union ahead of time. Makes it much harder for them to sneak in unwanted items. 

On 4/19/2019 at 6:57 AM, maryann021 said:

My Drivers Door closes but not all of the way, it causes one of the Dash Boards lights ( check engine lights??)  to Stay in all of the Time, which in turn is Draining my Battery?

Hi Maryann021,

It's feels terrible reading about the finance team's fraud. As I am from India so can't suggest anything about that.:sad:

For the dash light point, is it Red car symbol you are getting, and the dome light is on, then it could be because the door is not fully closed. As Bobby mentioned that it's not case of bent frame, so I assume this could be due to damaged latch. Mine too is a used car and sometimes when pulling door with less force, it doesn't closes properly. So I have to open and apply little more force while closing.

Changing latch is easy in my 2010 (similar to 2013 in US), just remove door panel, remove 3 screw from side of door and then remove any electrical connector. For door panel removal, there is a YouTube video is available.

On the door, you may be able to move the catch in a bit. I'd loosen the bolts and push the catch in bit and tighten it back down while still pushing in. By "catch" I mean the part attached to the car that the latch grabs on too. Hope this makes sense might not work but free and easy to try

Edited by LittleBlue!