MyLink/Screen stuck or frozen- another language?

OK so I’m new here and no nothing about vehicle repairs but I do know computers and I actually have a few college degrees in computers but this one is over my head. Ok, I have a 2013 Chevy Spark LT1 that just one day, the MyLink system or I guess the screen just froze or locked up and it appears that it might be in another language as you can see in the picture?  Also I don’t think my OnStar voice is working but my icon is still lit up on the screen. Also, I’m not sure if this is relevant or not, but about two weeks before this happened it stopped recognizing it self as Chevrolet when I am attempting to Bluetooth pair it recognized itself is something different and called it self BYOM as opposed to Chevrolet. It still updates radio stations and songs As they change in the background & updates time Except for daylight savings so my clock is now an hour behind but nothing else— The radio does not Produce sound whatsoever and the buttons don’t work on the front  at all.  We can touch anywhere on the screen and it used to beep like you we’re changing channels but it doesn’t even do that anymore. Obviously we can’t change channels or do anything else with it. Im not in warranty anymore and I absolutely can not afford a certified Chevy tech. This is what my diagnostic report told me to do from OnStar.  My husband has done taken and left off the negative lead to the battery and we tried resetting But when I can’t push any buttons on the front it’s kind of hard to update or install anything, in the end I’ve had no success —any ideas? Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else? Is that language it’s written in — is that maybe Russian or German? I googled it but didn’t come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

FD39327B-A5F2-460D-BC0B-37CDE1D2582D.jpeg

4D6709C2-8A2D-48B8-AC81-6E7384B50691.jpeg

0375B555-A708-40DA-8A2C-A12E503C5D4A.jpeg

Edited by Nyree
Added more information
On 4/8/2019 at 0:32 AM, Nyree said:

OK so I’m new here and no nothing about vehicle repairs but I do know computers and I actually have a few college degrees in computers but this one is over my head. Ok, I have a 2013 Chevy Spark LT1 that just one day, the MyLink system or I guess the screen just froze or locked up and it appears that it might be in another language as you can see in the picture?  Also I don’t think my OnStar voice is working but my icon is still lit up on the screen. Also, I’m not sure if this is relevant or not, but about two weeks before this happened it stopped recognizing it self as Chevrolet when I am attempting to Bluetooth pair it recognized itself is something different and called it self BYOM as opposed to Chevrolet. It still updates radio stations and songs As they change in the background & updates time Except for daylight savings so my clock is now an hour behind but nothing else— The radio does not Produce sound whatsoever and the buttons don’t work on the front  at all.  We can touch anywhere on the screen and it used to beep like you we’re changing channels but it doesn’t even do that anymore. Obviously we can’t change channels or do anything else with it. Im not in warranty anymore and I absolutely can not afford a certified Chevy tech. This is what my diagnostic report told me to do from OnStar.  My husband has done taken and left off the negative lead to the battery and we tried resetting But when I can’t push any buttons on the front it’s kind of hard to update or install anything, in the end I’ve had no success —any ideas? Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else? Is that language it’s written in — is that maybe Russian or German? I googled it but didn’t come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

FD39327B-A5F2-460D-BC0B-37CDE1D2582D.jpeg

4D6709C2-8A2D-48B8-AC81-6E7384B50691.jpeg

0375B555-A708-40DA-8A2C-A12E503C5D4A.jpeg

No one knows anything about this?!

-Nyree

• 4 months later...