Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfetta159

Heater Blend Door

2 posts in this topic

Has anyone changed out a heater blend door? I might need to and I was wondering if that was difficult.

Posted (edited)

I looked at this a bit more just checking fuses and listening to how the system was performing. I noticed that there was a noticeable change to how the airflow sounded when I would move the temperature knob from hot to cold, so I figured that it might not be the blend door.

A few days ago, I got a check engine light. Then a day later, I got a overheat warning light. I quickly slowed down to take the next exit, and the overheat light went off. I got to work and checked the coolant reservoir and sure enough it was empty. I had someone give me a lift to the nearest auto parts store which in this case is a big box home center (hey, they carry premix Dexcool!) and filled it up. And yes, my heater works now.

I checked the car w/ my trusty old (really old) OBD scanner and got:

• P0117: Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Low Input
  • P0128: Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)

https://www.obd-codes.com

So perhaps I have a slow leak somewhere like in my water pump because I don't see any leaks even right after driving it.

I'll just keep an eye on my coolant level for now. 

Edited by Alfetta159