2013 LS and 2 din android head unit

I want to replace the stock radio stereo unit with an android head unit. I run Spotify ( via a Bluetooth FM transmitter), Torque Pro and Android Auto on my phone. I'd like to do all of that in the head unit. Any advice, tips, or recommended units/accessories would be greatly appreciated.

2013-chevrolet-spark-7.jpg

Edited by Aaron King
clarity

Hi Aaron,

I can suggest, if you're not specifically looking for reputed brand like Sony etc., browse the AliExpress. There you may find many Android 2din units. Here, you need to replace 2 things, main unit and the bezel around. As the current bezel is designed for OEM player. For bezel, you may get same from GM as the lower variant have 2 din space. Otherwise, same is available on AliExpress.

I am not Chinese item freak but browse for things which are not available off the shelf or I want for experiment purpose. :hammer_self:

Link for bezel for ref.

2Din Car Radio Stereo Frame for Chevrolet Spark Beat Daewoo Matiz 2010+ DVD Panel Front Bezel Fascia Dash Trim Kit Double Din
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cOnRcJxa

Another idea you may like.

I have seen someone on forum or on internet, used his old android phone as head unit with aux to OEM.

I too interested in that but stuck as I didn't find any Bluetooth dialer app on phone which I want to use as head unit. I used a car dashboard app, this can add shortcut to other app Torque, music app radio etc. Further, you can turn on the phone when it start charging, with no option to turn off with car. Biggest downside I see in this setup is battery, I don't want to leave any battery in car when it's cooking summer heat outside, 45°C.

• 5 months later...

I bought the Carav faceplate with adapters and steerings controls included and a Pioneer SPH-230DADAB. I used the mounting brackets for the original radio on the new Pioneer headunit. I also bought a cheap Chinese DAB+ adapter from Amazon that converts the FM signal to DAB+ so I didn't have to use that ugly window DAB receiver.

Go for it - you won't regret it :)