Wish me Luck, buying 2019 Hot Red Spark 2LT

Guy's/Gal's

I have been looking at new cars for a while. I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado that me and my wife Love. But she does not work and has to go get the grand kids off to school in mornings. So we are really racking the miles up on our truck (only vehicle we have) and paying out $80 a week in gas. So I am looking to get the smallest car I can fund for the 18 mile trip to work every day.

I have settled on a new 2019 2LT Spark. I have read and read about the CVT transmission. Lot of complaints and then again a lot of people just seem to love them. So I am a little worried about that. The dealer I am purchasing it through gives you a Lifetime powertrain warranty, that makes the worry a lot less. I really like everything about this car and am excited to get it. I will leave my truck with the wife so she has something at home and wont rack the miles up on it near as quickly. I plan to drive the wheels off my new Spark though. I am picking it up in a couple hours. Took care of the loan paperwork yesterday afternoon at the bank/credit union.

18539085923x640.jpg

Edited by jstanfield103
miss spell

Be leery of those lifetime powertrain warranties or any that other stuff they use to get in you to buy from them. They are almost always gimmicks to score a sell. They usually require all service to be done by them plus all the optional services they offer. Just another scam dealerships use to try and get you to buy. 

Ray thank you very much for the warning. I do have to keep the factory intervals up on service. But they say I can change the oil and things just keep receipts and write down the mile on the receipts. The 30,000 and 60,000 mile check up have to be done by them.

Guy's/Gal's

Picked up little Red today. First I have laid my eyes on the interior. Have not even drove or heard it run till I picked it up. Man I really Love the way this little car drives. I figured power would be very weak. Nope what a surprise, this little car was far better than I even expected.

A+++ for General Motors 

I concur! My spark 2017 LS is a peppy little car. The only thing not good is it is lot more noisier at speeds above 40 mph than other bigger cars I have driven. No problem with the CVT, actually I like there is only one gear shift at 40 mph instead of 2 or 3 or 4 with geared automatics. And that shift at 40 is jot jerky. The gas mileage is great so I have stopped worrying about gas prices. I stop to refuel when down to 1 bar on gas gauge and she drinks only about 7 gallons to fill her up.

Speaking of sales scams, I was offered to win a 4 day cruise if I entered their contest. Except it was valued at $3960, which means if I win, that will be taxable income and I would owe IRS additional taxes based on my tax bracket. I can easily buy a 4 day cruise for 2 for the additional taxes I would have to pay. And I can choose the cruise I want instead what they would send me on.

Edited by Bobby MSME

Thanks,

Glad to know about the one bar is approx. 7 gallons. Think I will try it. I have been driving it quite a bit the last two days. Absolutely love it. So easy to drive and handles really well. I like that I can move in small places at parking lots. Heck I can even do a U turn in my drive way with it. I can not do that with my truck, not even close. 

Ok guy's/Gal's

I know I have had my Spark less than a week now. But I have fallen in Love with this little car. It drives better and Bigger than it really is. The only two problems that I have with it , is that it has no center console. GM you really do need to put one in this car. I have the Auto, and just not enough room or glove box space for my needs. 2nd is the infotainment system really is slow. My 2016 Silverado is really quick. The one in the Spark is snail speed at best.

I do not feel the Spark is under powered at all. I have no problems getting up to speed and onto the interstate and she is not even floored. Just regular peddle push to get her there.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:04 PM, jstanfield103 said:

Thanks,

Glad to know about the one bar is approx. 7 gallons. Think I will try it. I have been driving it quite a bit the last two days. Absolutely love it. So easy to drive and handles really well. I like that I can move in small places at parking lots. Heck I can even do a U turn in my drive way with it. I can not do that with my truck, not even close. 

Now that you mention how easy it is to park, my wife (who thinks she is a better driver than me hahaha) and I were at the Beach the other day and the parking lot was jam packed. There were at least a 1000+ cars already parked. After a thorough parking lot tour, I noticed the only open slot. It was between 2 adjacent cars which were parked over the lines, leaving  very small space for a car to park between them. I said to wife I am taking that spot. She says no way anyone can park in that small space. I zoomed in there with my 2017 Spark LS with no problem and there was enough room to open both doors enough to get out. Wife was totally shocked! After driving this Spark for 2 years, I still enjoy driving it. There is absolutely no problem getting on the Interstate and merging into 75 MPH traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Boby,

So correct, you have to love the size of this car. I have a 2016 Silverado 4 door. It is a Simi compared to this little thing. But that's why I bought it. Wanted the best of both worlds. I let the wife drive the truck and save on the mileage for it, and gas of course. She does not go that many places, she is a home wife / Mother. I drive the Spark, Love it.

• 2 weeks later...