2014 Spark manual transmission just kicked over 100k since the freezing ass cold i saw an oil spot on the driveway engine compartment is oil free oil level is correct my thoughts are oil pan gasket anyone else have issues solid car 95% freeway miles 100 mile round trip commute to work also getting ready to change the spark plugs any gotchas?? Thanks Cheers

On 2/2/2019 at 4:44 PM, Duke6043 said:

2014 Spark manual transmission just kicked over 100k since the freezing ass cold i saw an oil spot on the driveway engine compartment is oil free oil level is correct my thoughts are oil pan gasket anyone else have issues solid car 95% freeway miles 100 mile round trip commute to work also getting ready to change the spark plugs any gotchas?? Thanks Cheers

If you do determine it is the oil pan, I recommend using a small crow bar to break the oil pan loose. I just took mine off and it was a bit of a pain but with a crowbar you can break the seal from the front. There is no solid gasket but a sticky liquid gasket must have been used. I bought permatex ultra black and put it back on tonight. There was a little panel on the driver's side that covered three bolts holding the pan on. There are three bolts holding that panel on as well. 

• 1 year later...

It could be so many things. Oil pan, oil drain plug, oil filter that didn't get tightened properly, oil sending unit, crank seal, valve cover gasket. You really can't assume anything. You would jsut have to get under it and start trying to track where its coming from.