2013 Spark LS and door unlock mechanism

The My Chevy app unlocks the hatch but not the other doors. Is this because the doors don't have the motors and such or do they need additional wiring? There are placeholder covers on the armrest area of the front doors for the lock/unlock switches. Is this a "simple" fix to get the doors to unlock via the app (which is the same way I assume that Onstar would send an unlock signal)? Thanks!

Edited by Aaron King

Aaron,

I have 2010 LS (India) and this have central locking (remote is add-on as geniune GM acc.). It's function is simple that driver door latch have feedback switch embedded which tell ECU/BCM that it is unlocked. Then ECU/BCM send relevant signal to rest 3 doors, which have embedded motor to latch. (P.S. above function is working without remote also. Remote just lock-unlock the driver door latch).

All I can say if you have central locking, all remaining door must have motors.

Simple way to check, unlock driver door and see if remaining door unlocks. If not, you may need too much to change.

Edited by ChevyBeat
  • 2 years later...

I have seen other vehicles where they install an all inclusive wiring harness, rather than make several different wiring harnesses to save money, Volvo does this I think, in every model of vehicle, just tucking away the wiring that is not needed and installing blanks in those areas, i.e.; power mirror adjustment and power door locks like my car has. I have a 2013 LS base model with manual locks and mirrors. It does have the power rear hatch unlock. So, it got me thinking if you had the door unlock buttons and mirror adjuster switch, could it be that those wires are simply tucked away in the door and under the dash? I came here to see if anyone had discovered this yet. I bought mine used for $1500 with no owner's manual a few weeks ago, about 82 k miles on it. I like it, but would like to see if I can upgrade on the cheap. It also has a cheapy stereo, no touchscreen, speakers need help.

Edited by madmex2k
13 hours ago, madmex2k said:

I have seen other vehicles where they install an all inclusive wiring harness, rather than make several different wiring harnesses to save money, Volvo does this I think, in every model of vehicle, just tucking away the wiring that is not needed and installing blanks in those areas, i.e.; power mirror adjustment and power door locks like my car has.

Well you said it right. Manytimes it's easy to have single all wire harness than making several. Indeed, mine 2010 LS (India) had fog lamp wiring done. When I planned to add fog lamp, I made mine but found harness was already there. I just had to add fuse, relay, lamps and changing the stalk which have fog lamp switch. Companies keep it modular so they can do add-on job or replacement job quick & easy, although they always charge hefty  amount from owner for it saying how much labour intense it is.

P.s. although one need to look for it upfront. Sometimes manuals helps. I missed the company harness for rear hatch switch, I wish they could have given it like fog lamp.

Edited by ChevyBeat
  • 2 years later...

I own a 2013 Chevy Spark LS.  All of the door locks are erratic.  I believe it may be an electrical control module that needs replacing.  I have no idea where to find that particular part on my vehicle (assuming my diagnosis is correct).

Can I get some advice on this, please.