Problem changing gears

Hello everyone, 

I am the new owner of a UK 2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 1.0 L engine with manual transmission having 31000 miles on the clock in desperate need of your expertise.

I've been having issues with the manual gearbox ever since I bought it about 3 months ago. At first it was it felt like the gearbox was a bit stiff when getting it into gears but 2 weeks after I bought it started getting being noticeably more difficult to put it into all gears except for first the first gear which has always been fine. 

I find that most difficult to gears to get into are 2nd and 4th gear (in this order), while the easiest to gears to get into are (1st, 5th and lastly 3rd in this order).

On occasion the gearbox still works fine, say when I get going after parking the car on a slight incline(doesn't matter which way the front of the car is facing), or about 30 seconds after starting to drive up a slight incline (over 7 degrees or so) the gear box starts to become smooth just as you would expect it to, but this only lasts for as long as I'm driving up/down the inclined road or about 30-40 seconds after I get onto level road.  I find that the second gear is the most problematic one, if for example I am at a traffic light in order to get going I need to rev the engine to around 2000-2200 rpm in first gear before the car gets going and it won't let me put it into second gear unless rpms drops to about 800-600, tough i've noticed that if I taking a corner then it's much easier to put it into second even above 1000 rpm. I also noticed that there is a place that I visit weekly but only for very short durations, when I come back to the car after about 4-5 minutes the gear shift is perfect for about 30-45 seconds afterwards even though the incline on which the car is parked is maybe only 4 deg or so. 

Cause of this perceived dependency on angle of the car on the road I initially thought that the issue might be the gearbox oil level so I changed it filling the gearbox with 2.1 litres of Motul Motylgear SAE 75W-85 manual gearbox oil. 

Immediately after I changed it the gearbox felt much much smoother than before but it still didn't feel like it was 100 perfect, I got home, only for next day to find that I was back at square one. Now in retrospect I think that it might of not been the oil change at all but the fact that the area where my mechanic is at is a hilly area/him raising it on jacks etc.

Has anyone got any experience of anything like this? 

Edited by Cuddles