Question on Oil Life remaining number!

Is it correct to assume the oil life remaining number displayed in the information window assumes use of semi-synthetic oil?

Because that is the recommended oil type as far as I know. So what happens if you use full synthetic or standard basic oil?

I don't think the computer takes that into account.

10 hours ago, LittleBlue! said:

I would agree with your assumption that the computer doesn't consider synthetic. I go with my own schedule and reset the warning when it goes off. That's my approach, not sure if it is "right" but it works for me. I use full synthetic and go beyond the warning. 

Thanks for your input, because I was thinking also of stretching the oil life beyond 100% with full synthetic which is what is installed currently.

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, Bobby MSME said:

Thanks for your input, because I was thinking also of stretching the oil life beyond 100% with full synthetic which is what is installed currently.

I have stretched oil life way beyond the reminder when I used to run amsoil xl. In that car the service interval was 5k i used to run 10k before changing. 

Now I follow the manufacturers recommendation until Im out of warranty. I usually change oil every 6months as i dont drive enough to hit mileage, if i wait for the oil reminder my oil will break apart before i change it. I also dont plan on keeping neither one of the cars that i have for a looooong time so I dont spend money on better oil.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 4:48 PM, Mr.tozzi said:

I have stretched oil life way beyond the reminder when I used to run amsoil xl. In that car the service interval was 5k i used to run 10k before changing. 

Now I follow the manufacturers recommendation until Im out of warranty. I usually change oil every 6months as i dont drive enough to hit mileage, if i wait for the oil reminder my oil will break apart before i change it. I also dont plan on keeping neither one of the cars that i have for a looooong time so I dont spend money on better oil.

I am retired with everything (restaurants, stores, medical etc)is within 5 miles from my house, so my car records very low miles. Now 2 years and 4 months old, my Spark 2016 had only 2 oil changes so far. Last one in December 2018 with full synthetic.. Oil looks clear, with no burned smell, and is at full level on the dip-stick. Of course I live in warm climate of Florida, so temps seldom dip below 40F. The car is running like the day I bought it new.