I have recently been interested in powder coating. I bought a powder coating gun at harbor freight and with a 20% off coupon, I only spent like $75 with a 1 year warranty. I also ordered 1lb of wrinkle black powder for around $13. I'm interested in maybe doing some parts on my 2014 spark for practice.

I think I will end up doing the brake calipers and probably my turbo. In the future I plan on doing my charge pipes but I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for items to powder coat on a spark. 

Right now my curing oven can only handle smaller parts (old pizza oven) but I'm going to build a decent sized oven in the near future. 

For $45 after tax I picked up this larger toaster oven on sale. You need to bake the item being coated typically for 10 to 20 minutes at 400 F.  From what I have read, it depends on the powder used and the item being coated.

I'm going to try powder coating my yeti mug and see how it goes. Next up will be my brake calipers

20190113_163344.jpg

I decided I'm going to do my brake calipers in a blue to match my interior and door jams. It will add a little color to the exterior and hopefully will look good. I'll post pics once I get them coated/installed. Here is the blue that I plan to use https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSB-10056/dark-process-blue 

Edited by LittleBlue!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...