Hey everyone

So just past 100000km on the Spark and after doing the service, the car has started to miss. 

Seems to be a fuel injector. Plugs and leads tested fine. No airleakes ect. 

Problem is I'm having trouble reaching the three bolts to remove the fuelrail. The intake manifold seems to be in the way and can't be removed until the fuelrail is out of the way. Struggling to get a wrench or rachet in there. Any suggestions or tricks? 

Would like to remove the injectors, test them and replace them if need be. 

Regards

Edited by FrikkieMossel
Typo
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 0:54 PM, FrikkieMossel said:

Hey everyone

So just past 100000km on the Spark and after doing the service, the car has started to miss. 

Seems to be a fuel injector. Plugs and leads tested fine. No airleakes ect. 

Problem is I'm having trouble reaching the three bolts to remove the fuelrail. The intake manifold seems to be in the way and can't be removed until the fuelrail is out of the way. Struggling to get a wrench or rachet in there. Any suggestions or tricks? 

Would like to remove the injectors, test them and replace them if need be. 

I did this on a 2014 spark which I think is essentially the same. It was brutal. I bought a small swivel ratchet and that seemed to help. I included some diagrams I found online in my turbo write up. I had to take all then bolts off. Three for the fuel rail and the rest for the intake manifold plus the bracket that is in the back of the motor. It can be done but it will test you. Keep me posted, you can do it!