My 2017 just joined the 100K club

You must have very good, driving habits for the Spark to last that long  without

any mechanical problems. Congrats!

Not even the flimsy coolant overflow container made of plastic sprung any leaks?

Heat shield on converter did not come loose and made a racket?

The original battery still working? No oil leaks under the car? 

That CVT still working without slipping and making awful sounds?

Check engine light never came on? Car never stalls in traffic?

Original Brakes don't make grinding or squealing sounds?  

How long did the cheap original tires last? 

Alright, lets wait until you visit the dealership for some routine

maintenance. They will find a way to screw something up!:lol:

Edited by Bobby MSME

The first thing is I don't go to the dealer unless I have to.  I have a mechanic I have gone to for about 15 years now, he keeps an eye on everything and lets me know what's going on.  The only thing not right with the car is the drivers side lower seat cushion is flat, I had to put a cushion on the seat to make it feel better again.  Factory brakes front and rear are still good, Jay (my mechanic) said I will probably need to replace the fronts in 15-20k mi more......The stock tires were even good to me, I got 64,000 miles out of them.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:13 AM, MacintoshGuy said:

The first thing is I don't go to the dealer unless I have to.  I have a mechanic I have gone to for about 15 years now, he keeps an eye on everything and lets me know what's going on. 

You are smart to avoid dealer mechanics after warranty expires! A good mechanic friend can't be beat!! 2 years ago a dealer mechanic screwed up my 2007 Pontiac G5 while doing a simple coolant change.  He left an air bubble in the system, causing overheating which  burned up exhaust valves. On my 2011 Chevy HHR I went to local Firestone shop to have my 7 year old coolant changed, and they did not screw up my car.

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...