Hi All,

I own a 2013 Chevy Spark LS with the MyLink built in.  About a day ago my Spark started having an issue where I cannot control the media in my link using the controls on the steering wheel and whenever I go into reverse I now get a message saying to "Service Rear Vision System" even though (at least to my knowledge) my Spark has never had a rear vision system built in.  Another thing I have noticed is that the OnStar icon is missing from the display even though I'm subscribed to OnStar with the Guidance package and also the outside temperature value is null.  I have no check engine or service lights on when I'm driving the vehicle and the cruise control and other items on the steering column seem to be in working order.  Also, I can still control the MyLink infotainment system via the touch screen and its additional controls (volume, power, etc).

At first I thought there may have been an issue with her fuses but I checked the relevant fuses in the cabin fuse box and they all seem to be OK.  I've tried a resetting the vehicle to factory settings (MyLink > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Restore Factory Defaults).  I haven't tried resetting the radio defaults yet.

Any thoughts on what's going on or what other troubleshooting steps I can try?  I'm very tech savy but I'm not too confident in my knowledge of the engine of my Spark.

20181015_093019.jpg

Do a search of this site using service rear vision and you will find several threads of people with the same issue. You might find some ideas there. My guess is it will require q trip to the dealer for a reflash of the system. It is possible that unhooking the battery for thirty minutes or so might cause it to reset but that I am not sure of. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...