I desperately want to boost my Spark after seeing a video demoing a drifter smart car mod. Top speed isn't as much of the goal as acceleration and handling (but if it gets over 150mph I won't complain lol). I'm open to pretty much anything. It won't be my daily driver. I'm also down to put the engine in the back seat if necessary. 

21 hours ago, LittleBlue! said:

Good luck! I'm definitely following. What do you have in mind as far as details so far? Are you going to run an ethanol blend for the additional octane? Also what are you thinking for tuning? Sorry for all the questions just pumped to see someone with a similar plan!

So far I've decided that I'll put a drag bar to avoid destroying the bumper every run. I'm pretty set on an ethanol blend. Just seems too good to avoid. Haven't really locked in tuning details quite yet. I'll start with a muffler swap, cold air intake installation and an engine swap. I have to look more into exactly how to safely put an engine in the backseat. I don't want to have to deal with redesigning everything under the hood to make an acceptable fit. Been through that before with a buddy's Smart car boost and don't feel like going through that again. Believe it or not, this also isn't the only Spark I own. A lot of details still need to be determined. 

go for e85. With the engine size you have (1.4L cruze right?) there's no negative to it. Better performance, better for the environment, and better for the economy. Haven't done the math to see what costs more e10 (standard in america) and e85. The difference is a matter of cents so I haven't bothered. I'll post updates as I complete my performance Spark.

49 minutes ago, DragSpark said:

go for e85. With the engine size you have (1.4L cruze right?) there's no negative to it. Better performance, better for the environment, and better for the economy. Haven't done the math to see what costs more e10 (standard in america) and e85. The difference is a matter of cents so I haven't bothered. I'll post updates as I complete my performance Spark.

True, e85 is actually very cheap where I live. I live in the corn belt of the USA where the majority of ethanol is produced. E blends are abundant where I live.

The engine is actually a 1.2.  But I'm hoping to rely on that extra octane and high compression to make my car zippy. You are rightabout e85 though. I can remove anti knock limiters more when I run higher octane. 

Have you looked into hp tuners? I suppose it depends on what engine/ computer you go with.

Edited by LittleBlue!
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2018 at 6:52 PM, DragSpark said:

I tried decapping my injectors to no avail. I picked up some 80lbs injectors though. Will be going the e85 route. Any idea on an engine? Sloppy mechanics on YouTube and spptv show a lot of potential in junkyard ls motors

Edited by LittleBlue!