Can a CVT Fluid Change Solve Wining and Hesitation?

I have a 2014 Chevy Spark with 46XXX miles.  Just recently, I believed that the transmission was beginning to misbehave.  In 2016, I had it back to the dealer for the

reprogram of the transmission computer, to correct low speed downshifting, slow acceleration, etc.  The car began to perform better than it ever had.  Last month, had it

back to the dealer again for intermittent "jerking" and occasional "whining" noise at highway speeds.  The Tech road tested the car, and agreed that there was the occasional "jerking" but felt it was not the transmission.  The service advisor told me that the Tech was very conversant with this CVT and was certain that it was probably caused by a

bad spark plug, possibly.  He told me that there are not codes in the computer, so everything is as it should be.  If I keep the car around town and do local driving, there is no noise and no jerking.  But, up on the highway for 15 minutes or more and you get it all.  It has been suggested to me (not by the dealer) that a fluid change might remedy the

problem.  I have been researching CVT fluids and AMSoil claims that theirs will outperform anything out there, including the OEM recommended fluid.  My questions:  Is it

worth going through the expense of having the fluid changed, with the hope that it really would help?  Will changing the fluid stop the whining and hesitation?  Finally, is it already too late and the transmission is toast?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

If the jerking is at real low speeds like in a parking lot its normal. You will find lots of complaints about that on here. Mine does it. The whining mine does it at times. I doubt changing the fluid would change anything. I have 75,000 miles on mine and its still going strong. Also, if it was a spark plug misfiring that would set a code and the light. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem when I was around 53k miles. The dealer teddy the check engine light and told me if it happened again they would change the transmission out. He told me that the issue is the CVT was designed for a stronger/bigger car and engine so it has trouble shifting properly in a small vehicle. The very next day it happened again. I am 10k miles on the new transmission and it's starting to happen again... Had I have extended warranty