My daughter has a 2014 Spark. A couple of years ago she was driving the car out of town and it just died on here. She was towed to a Chevy dealer, where after a couple of days of trying to figure out what was wrong, they got it running. At the time it was still under warranty.  Recently the battery died and she took the car to Autozone where she bought the battery, it was under warranty and they replaced the battery. The battery lasted one day and it was drained. She had the car towed to a shop, there they replaced the alternator. The car still will not start. The mechanic at the shop said that the car is losing power, but they cannot figure out why. She is thinking about trying to get the car to a Chevy repair shop to see if they can fix it. She is still making payments on a car that she can't drive, she does not live in the same city as I, so my help is limited. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? 

If the alternator is fine and the battery also is, to me this means that there must be a short to ground somewhere in the car that drains the battery overnight. 

You could have a look at this article that explains how and what to test with a multimeter to try and find the short:

www.popularmechanics.com/cars/car-technology/amp5859/how-to-stop-car-battery-drains/

4 hours ago, Alexandre Dubé said:

If the alternator is fine and the battery also is, to me this means that there must be a short to ground somewhere in the car that drains the battery overnight. 

You could have a look at this article that explains how and what to test with a multimeter to try and find the short:

www.popularmechanics.com/cars/car-technology/amp5859/how-to-stop-car-battery-drains/

Ouch...mysterious shorts in the electrical harness are heavy on man-hours.