A/C blend vent actuator replacement

Hi.

Does anyone have a guide or video on how to replace the A/C vent actuator? After removing the glovebox, I could clearly see the broken part that produces the clicking noise when activiating recirculation.

I'd like to know if it's feasible to change it without removing huge chunks of the dashboard, cause I'd be willing to, but I haven't found videos or guides to follow.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue as you.  I removed the blend door actuator by removing the left speaker and worming my hand down to the motor.  That isn't my problem though.  The actuator actually connects to a white plastic shaft/bushing that connects the actuator to the black plastic air blend door, that shaft is broken and I'm having problems finding that part.  My dealer parts dept doesn't know what I'm talking about and can't find it on any parts schematic, nor can I with online dealer parts schematics, it isn't a listed part.  It didn't come with the new actuator I ordered, now I've ordered a replacement blend door and hopefully it'll be included there.  

I was doing a search to see what I could find and come across this. Its for a 2015 but the parts between the 13, 14 and 15's should be the same. i was thinking maybe part 14 might be what you are looking for. Or maybe some of the other parts look like what you are looking for.  https://www.gmpartsmog.com/a/Chevrolet_2015_Spark/48626055__6221376/AIR-CONDITIONER--HEATER-EVAPORATOR--HEATER-COMPONENTS/CW13075.html

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ray, but part 14 isn't the correct part.  What I need is a white plastic shaft about 3/8" thick by about 2 inches long, which connects the actuator motor part number 13 to the valve (door) part number 16,  I've purchased both 13 and 16 as well as all of part number 1, the entire HVAC case, that white shaft is not included with any of the surrounding parts nor identified on the schematic.  I've now been to 2 different parts departments at Chevy dealers and both have shaken their heads and said  "have a nice day".  Just got off a GM direct chat line to Customer Service and was told the vehicle needs to be diagnosed by a GM service department  before anything can be done to contact anyone above the dealer level.  Then while I was typing a response, the chat person stated we haven't heard from you so we're disconnecting the chat session.  I'm pissed and left with no help.  

If you can remove that little white plastic shaft, take it to a small machine shop, and they should be able to duplicate it for you. It is not necessary that exact same material be used to produce a replacement part. For such a small part, weight is not an issue so even a metal part would be OK.

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 1 year later...

Anyone know where I can find the blend door actuator on my 2015 Chevrolet Spark 1LT. The piece is faulty. It stops throwing cold air and if I disconnect my car battery for 5 minutes, it then resets and starts to throw cold air again. I have to do this every few days. The thing is, I have no idea where the actuator is. And I don’t know which one it could be since most cars have 3 or 4 of them. Google is no help. If anyone is knowledgeable in this. Please let me know. Thank you