Did anyone order a 2016-2018 LS from the factory with fog lights? What do they look like?

Before I bought my 2018 LS, I played around with the online configurator. I liked the look of the fog lights, but the one on the dealer lot didn't have any options installed. I figured I could add fog lights later. However, after talking to the parts department, it seems the fog light kit I can order is different than what was shown online. The fog light kit from Chevy has chrome around the edge. I don't like chrome.

There are fog light kits on eBay that look more like what I saw when I was building the car online (fog lights without chrome accents), but I'd rather buy OEM parts.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking at the all black fog light assemblies on eBay for the 2016 - 2018 Spark. 

Can anyone tell me how hard it will be to install them? If I have to remove the front inner fenders or tear off the entire front bumper cover, I'm probably going to pass on the project. I noticed a black piece of plastic trim on the bottom of the front bumper assembly. I was hoping to simply remove that and go up in from the bottom...pop the fog lamp covers out and pop the new assembles in...probably not that easy though. Anyone know for sure? 

I notice the lights on eBay don't seem to include the interior fog light button. If our cars came equipped with fog lights, there'd be a button in the center of the headlight dial to turn the fog lights on and off.

Model,

My Spark is a "heater and keys" (bare bones LS w manual transmission) ...so no buttons on the dash for fog lights...

I emailed the eBay seller about the fog lights and they DO NOT include any wiring or switches. It's just the black plastic bezels and fog lights themselves. 

Any idea how difficult is it to install the lights? I don't want to rip the front bumper completely off the car to install them. That would be a deal breaker for me. 

I haven't gotten that far yet. At the moment, I think I might have to order the full kit from Chevy to get the button and wiring. I'll also have buy the fog lights on eBay since it seems the ones from Chevy might have chrome accents. I'm going to end up with an extra set of lights.

Model,

PLEASE post photos / descriptions of your progress. I'm super interested to see this unfold. 

For a second I was tempted to make you an offer for the extra set of lights...but like yourself, I do not like the chrome trim. I have a base model LS and I actually prefer the complete absence of chrome. 

Sounds weird, but I like the bare bones look of the base car. It's not pretending to be anything else than what it is. Just a simple little "heater and keys" economy car. 

Also, if you like the blacked out look - I ordered the black Korean Domestic Market Chevrolet badges for the front grill and rear hatch (eBay). I think they look a thousand times better than the gold badging. 

How hard was that badge swap? I've got a titanium 16 LS with black windows. The first thing I did was throw away the hubcaps exposing the black steelies. The gold badges stick out like a sore thumb.

I think it's about time for a freshen up. Black badges and painting the rims gloss black would look awesome.

Edited by GammaRadiation
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 6:59 AM, GammaRadiation said:

How hard was that badge swap? I've got a titanium 16 LS with black windows. The first thing I did was throw away the hubcaps exposing the black steelies. The gold badges stick out like a sore thumb.

I think it's about time for a freshen up. Black badges and painting the rims gloss black would look awesome.

I did matte black on my rims and emblem and love the look. It costs nothing and looks a lot better 

Edited by LittleBlue!