I have a 2016 LS with 19,000 miles on it driven primarily in the city with the A.C. on most of the year. 

I'm hoping something actually breaks to make a warranty claim easier for me to prove as this problem is intermittent. I plan on taking it in for service, recall, and to address this issue at the next oil change interval (2-3,000 mi).

On hot days often while sitting idle at a stop light or in a parking lot the blower will reduce speed without user input.  It's almost like a 4-3 or 3-2 reduction. This is new behavior and the third summer for the car (purchased June 2016). After some time, not necessarily after moving, the blower will regain speed for the proper setting. I'm wondering if the system is low on refrigerant and the evaporator isn't getting cold enough. The performance of the system seems to be reduced. This may be just my perception from complacency and my other two vehicles have better A.C., insulation in general (2500HD SLT,  Focus ST). 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have less than 1yr left on my bumper to bumper and A.C. is imperative for my wife at all times during the FL summers.

• 5 months later...

The fan in my 2016 LS is almost constantly on 3!

The airflow out of vents in front of dash is almost like an asthmatic blowing hard!

I've found best way to be comfortable is to select front window defrost/feet on 4, then back to 3. 

Then 2 after a wee while.

A/C is ok, but not brilliant, defrost mode seems to work well.

I was told that if you arrive at car on a hot day, open both windows then slam driver door toward close a couple of times. Hot Air will be forced out passenger window.

Works!

• 4 months later...