Do I need to use to free oil changes and if I don't will it mess up the warranty? I don't know if they will use synthetic blend or full synthetic I'd rather have full synthetic used which I filled up at the first oil changed at 1000 miles. 

If I do my own oil change will it mess up the warranty? 

I'm guessing the correct oil filter to use is the UPF64R? That's what I saw in the manual but the car had PF64 on when I bought it new. 

I'm taking a 1,900 mile total trip in about a month and I want to be ready.  Thanks. 

On 7/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, Bobby MSME said:

Save your receipts for buying the oil & filter, in case dealer gives you hard time on warranty. 

I would ask the dealer for synthetic first..if not offered for the free changes, mention it is recommended in the manual by GM. If they still insist on free conventional..well..then do it yourself. As Bobby said..keep all receipts..not just for oil..but every service item done by anyone..including the dealer. If there is ever any dispute you will have the paper to back you up..Right?

• 2 weeks later...

Went today to get one of the free maintenance trips done.  I asked them to put in fully synthetic oil and they put in 0w20 dexos semi synthetic instead I noticed from the printout they gave me.  Can I still put in full synthetic or no?  Also, they say on the sticker that I need to go in  5 months/5,000 miles but in the book I go 7500 miles on the oil and up to 7500 miles on tire rotation.  I thought 5 month/5000 miles is a short time for oil changes.  I'd like to just put in fully synthetic oil to protect the engine and then just do it myself from now on but I don't know if I would be safe since there was semi synthetic oil in there.

According to the 2017 manual synthetic blend is what is recommended. You can change it to full synthetic. It won't hurt anything. Here is what the manual says on oil type:

Engine oil meeting the dexos1™ specification of the proper SAE viscosity grade. ACDelco dexos1 Synthetic Blend is recommended. See Engine Oil 0 213.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, silverspark78 said:

Went today to get one of the free maintenance trips done.  I asked them to put in fully synthetic oil and they put in 0w20 dexos semi synthetic instead I noticed from the printout they gave me.  Can I still put in full synthetic or no?  Also, they say on the sticker that I need to go in  5 months/5,000 miles but in the book I go 7500 miles on the oil and up to 7500 miles on tire rotation.  I thought 5 month/5000 miles is a short time for oil changes.  I'd like to just put in fully synthetic oil to protect the engine and then just do it myself from now on but I don't know if I would be safe since there was semi synthetic oil in there.

Ignore the sticker the dealer person stuck on your windshield. That sticker is a means of getting  your business more often. 7500 miles is the correct oil change interval by the book. My new 2017 Spark came with 2 free oil changes to be used withing 2 years of purchase. I had the 1st one done after 11 months and the final oil change will be done just before the 2 year mark. I am retired and do not put many miles on the car. When I worked in Chicago full time, my round trip was 70 miles every working day. The odometer was very busy in those days because I worked 6 days / week!