LittleBlue!

Turbo Project

154 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sooo.... I bricked my factory ecu over the weekend. $30 for an ECU is not bad but another 4 credits are needed to tune the new ecu. I have 2 I haven't used but I need to buy 2 more for another $100. Tuning these torque based ecu is not coming easy but I made good progress before the scanner disconnected while writing a tune. 

I get the ecu on Sarurday and I'm going to start documenting the tuning process on YouTube. I will post videos from here on out to document the make it or break it stage. Have a great day!

Screenshot_20190708-235412_Gmail.jpg

Edited by LittleBlue!
thismarks likes this

Sorry to hear about the brick. Just ordered most of the remaining parts for my turbo project. I'll be hopefully working with Calculated Chaos in NH on the tune once things get moving. Gt17 turbo has water cooling so... A few extra parts had to get ordered. I will split off and create a second post with details to hopefully give more insight on boosting the 1.4l spark. 

Screenshot_2019-07-10-00-52-59-752_com.ebay.mobile.png

LittleBlue! likes this

Happy Friday! Big day for getting things back on track. My new ecu is installed and the car is back up and running. I actually ended up getting a sonic ecu but was able to write my spark file onto the ecu. It ended up saving me 2 credits so I saved $100. Time to start tuning the torque tables. 

thismarks likes this

Today was a very successful day as far as progress on driveability. I noticed the ecu was pulling a lot of timing and this was causing the pedal response to be non existent. I tinkered with a few spark tables and raised the minimum spark allowed to 5 degrees. The delay in throttle response is almost entirely gone now. I think I should be able to continue to dial in the air fuel ratio at partial and full throttle now. 

thismarks likes this