tcbnfl

2015 CVT drain and refill

4 posts in this topic

I decided to do a drain and refill on my 2015 with the CVT and i only got 24 ounces to come out when i pulled the plug.I did this with the car level.I expected much more.Has anyone done this? It shows to be at the correct level on the dipstick.

anybody?

Just have the dealer check it next your in. If the CVT works ok without noise you are probably OK. Manual should have fluid capacities listed near back of manual. Hope this helps...

Posted (edited)

What dipstick are you checking because there is no dipstick for the transmission. I did find it odd that fluid capacities for the CVT are not listed in the manual. This is straight out of the manual:

How to Check Automatic Transmission Fluid: It is not necessary to check the transmission fluid level. A transmission fluid leak is the only reason for fluid loss. If a leak occurs, take the vehicle to your dealer and have it repaired as soon as possible. The vehicle is not equipped with a transmission fluid level dipstick. There is a special procedure for checking and changing the transmission fluid. Because this procedure is difficult, this should be done at the dealer. Contact the dealer for additional information.

Edited by Ray Dockrey