2016+ LS Rear Speakers

Has anyone put rear speakers in their 2016+ LS yet? If you did, did you have to have the dealer flash the computer to accept the new speakers or did the stereo automatically detect that they were there?

I ask cause I know some people were looking into it and I have some extra Infinti Kappa 6.5's that I'd like to install.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, zamlawls said:

This is for door mounted speakers. I guess you are looking for rear parcel tray support location.

P.S. pardon, I was expecting that because previous year have only front dash and rear parcel tray support speakers, not in door.

Edited by ChevyBeat
  • 1 month later...

My LS has rear door speakers. Why doesn't yours? If you have fade on your stereo you should be good to go. Just install the correct impedance and try to get a higher sensitivity speaker. The spark's stereo is OK for the car that it is, but I can tell without looking it's a low power system relying on sensitivity to be loud. Don't expect more than a few watts RMS.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:37 AM, GammaRadiation said:

My LS has rear door speakers. Why doesn't yours? If you have fade on your stereo you should be good to go. Just install the correct impedance and try to get a higher sensitivity speaker. The spark's stereo is OK for the car that it is, but I can tell without looking it's a low power system relying on sensitivity to be loud. Don't expect more than a few watts RMS.

2016+ Spark LS didn't come stock with rear speakers. They have a 4 speaker system. 2 tweeters, and 2 front speakers.

I asked about this in the parts department yesterday when I bought my Spark. I wanted the upgraded audio from the LT, but it wasn't an option on the LS. The parts guy told me he could order rear speakers, but he didn't know if the radio would have to be updated to recognize the new speakers. He said I'd have to talk to the service department. I just left after that, but it sounded like they'd be willing to update the radio if necessary. Although, they might only update it if they are the ones that install the speakers.

I plan to go back after I get my next paycheck. The sound in the LS is terrible. I want to upgrade it immediately.

My 2017 LS has speaker grills in the rear doors but no speakers.  It would be nice to discover pigtails in there for a quick plug and play with some nice aftermarket speakers but I doubt if GM would make it that easy for us cheapskates who didn't splurge for the LT model.

I see there was another post about speakers in the LS that had no conclusion.

It seems some people thought the LS radio didn't have connections for the rear speakers. I doubt that's true. It would be more expensive for Chevy to manufacture multiple versions of the radio. It's easier for them to manufacture a single radio and not connect speakers to it. The question is whether the radio will automatically send a signal to the speakers or if the radio needs to be updated. I doubt Chevy ran wires to the empty holes as well. Most likely there's no wiring.

• 2 months later...

I took my car to the dealer to see if it was possible to install rear speakers and update the radio if necessary. They wouldn't do it. They said there's no wiring for the speakers. They service rep couldn't give me answer about why they wouldn't add the wiring or if the radio needed to be updated.

It sounds like they just don't want you to buy an LS and add LT features later.

Actually most dealers won't add stuff like that unless its something offered through GM as an add on accessory. Take it to a stereo shop and see about adding rear speakers to it. And the days of them adding all the wiring for options not there are over. They found its cheaper to have different wiring harness' then to have one harness with everything. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:27 PM, Ray Dockrey said:

Actually most dealers won't add stuff like that unless its something offered through GM as an add on accessory. Take it to a stereo shop and see about adding rear speakers to it. And the days of them adding all the wiring for options not there are over. They found its cheaper to have different wiring harness' then to have one harness with everything. 

You're right. I got some additional info. They said I could order speakers, but there is no part # for wiring.

My concern was the radio won't recognize the rear two speakers without being updated since it shows X's on the screen. Maybe the radio automatically detects them.

• 7 months later...

I installed on mine Amp+ 2 rear 5x7" speakers on the back shelf. There are no wires for rear speakers on the car harneas, I didnt belive at the beging also. There isnt, trust me and all the people who tried.

Do anyone know for sure what are the size of the front speakers in  the doors ? I want to replace them also and I cant find the size anywhere. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

After much research I found you can order rear speakers and door wiring for the rear speakers in the LS. However, the wiring harness in the LS doesn't have connections for rear speakers. So after you get the speakers in the door and the wires running out of the door into the B pillar, there's nothing to connect into. There a rubber plug covering an empty hole where the wiring harness normally is in the LT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 1:00 PM, Model said:

After much research I found you can order rear speakers and door wiring for the rear speakers in the LS. However, the wiring harness in the LS doesn't have connections for rear speakers. So after you get the speakers in the door and the wires running out of the door into the B pillar, there's nothing to connect into. There a rubber plug covering an empty hole where the wiring harness normally is in the LT.

Could you run the front speaker wires before they go to the actual speakers then to the amp then from the amp back to the front speakers and then to the rear speakers?