Hi I found some kind of parts number for the led headlights they link to mexican sellers when you look them up on Google.

TYC T155 180119 

20-F599-05-2B

20-F600-05-2B

Edit : 42499809 42499808 

42499818 / 42499819 are the led ones

might be an actual gm part number search results look promising

Edited by SilverSpark

Even if those are the OEM LED lights for the Spark, I don't think they would be compatible with the Canadian/American version. 

The Mexican version of the car is quite different (mostly in terms of safety features I think). 

Also, since LEDs work quite differently from Halogen bulbs, you'd have to know how everything is wired inside the Mexican version.

Are there drivers / Is the LED light connected directly to the onboard computer? Or have they been installed like "aftermarket" led headlights? 

For those reasons, even if you could find a way to purchase those from Mexico (and import them), I wouldn't try to go the OEM way. 

After a lot of research (there is a lot of confusion/confusing standards for car light bulbs), here is what I went with for a full LED conversion of my Canadian 2016 2LT Spark:

High/Low Beam: H13/9008, White, 1xPack of 2

Fog Lights: 2504/PSX24W, White, 1xPack of 2
Front Turn Signals (SRCK/CK type only or you'll blow your fuse): 7443/7444/W21W/T20, Amber, 1xPack of 2

Rear Turn Signals: 7443/7444/W21W/T20 (Standard type), Amber, 1xPack of 2
Rear Brake Light/Taillight (standard type): 7440/WY21W/T20, Red, 1xPack of 2

For the turn signals, I also purchased a pair of load resistors in order to prevent hyperflashing.

Front Side Marker: W5W/T10, Amber, 1xPack of 2
Reverse Light: W19W/D030/T15 White, 1xPack of 2
License Plate Light/Backup Light: W5W/T10, White, 1xPack of 2
Dome Light: W5W/T10, White, 1xPack of 2
Trunk Light: W5W/T10, White, 1xPack of 2

Edited by Alexandre Dubé
Correct typos

Looking within the service manual, the high/low beam bulbs are identical, so that will work without issue. Signal lights should also work.

The led DRL system has a bit of a different wiring scheme, and it seems the BCM controlling it works slightly differently, as it keeps the led DRL on during the day instead of the low beam headlight bulbs. This would require BCM reprogramming or some custom wiring to get working correctly as per factory spec

There's also a headlamp leveling actuator that's connected to a rocker/roller switch directly beside the interior lights brightness switch in the cabin. That would need custom wiring to get working. I don't know what would happen if the actuator isn't connected.

Hope that helps.

On 24/03/2018 at 9:37 PM, ReachFreak117 said:

his would require BCM reprogramming or some custom wiring to get working correctly as per factory spec

Since switching to LEDs, I've had no problem with the DRL, the exact same bulbs light up as before (ie, the low beam). 

The parking lights also light up the same. 

I've done no reprogramming/rewiring whatsoever. 

I juste took out all halogen bulbs and replaced them with LEDs, simply plug-and-play. 

10 hours ago, Alexandre Dubé said:

Since switching to LEDs, I've had no problem with the DRL, the exact same bulbs light up as before (ie, the low beam). 

The parking lights also light up the same. 

I've done no reprogramming/rewiring whatsoever. 

I juste took out all halogen bulbs and replaced them with LEDs, simply plug-and-play. 

I believe the poster above was wanting to replace the whole headlight assembly with the one from mexico, as it has halogen projectors and led DRL's, similar to the new sonic.

Like you said, replacing the bulbs with led's in the basic headlight assembly is trivial. The hardest part for me was fitting my hand in between the airbox and the bulb to remove it. lol

I think just wiring the upgraded headlight assembly's led DRL circuit to a switched ignition circuit should make them work the same as the mexico spark, and the projector uses the same bulb type as the reflector, so nothing changed there.

For reference, here's a picture of the upgraded headlights. Why do the good things never get released in America/Canada? I would have gladly paid extra for these.

obras-civiles-de-jalisco-pone-en-venta-chevrolet-spark-ltz-2016-0-0-1.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have found the LED headlights on EBAY ready to ship to the USA or anywhere else!!!! After lots and lots of digging here is the link: Passenger Side https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123199429261

Driver Side https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123199435618

very pricey but I for one will be getting them in the near future!