Lifting/jacking points

It has the typical points in the typical places on the bottom seam just like ever other car. There is a little notch in the seam (about 2 inches long) where the jack is supposed to sit on the seam. Harbor freight is one of the only places left that has this style of jack. Autozone and Advance Auto only carry a flat top scissor jack which I don't think is very good for this car because it puts all of the force right on top of that seam and it going to bend the seam and may drop the car on top of you.

There are also electric scissor jacks with the correct "seam gripping" top, application of some thick rubber would probably protect the paint.

So far I have tires and wheels, new wheel nuts (M12x1.50) and the TPMS and TPMS tool, just need to get the jack and a new socket for my breaker bar (lug wrench) and I'm set. Need to deal with this soon too.

Also note that I have not found a single TPC rated winter tire, in theory we are only supposed to use TPC tires in this car, I think it has something to do with the tire pressure which is a lot higher than I normally run my snow tires. Guess I find out what happens soon since I had snows from last season that only have about 5000 miles on them, certainly wasn't going to buy new snows again this season if I didn't need to buy them.

Thanks for the jack info.

Did not know about TPC rated tires. I'll find out soon if it will be a problem.

I am having stock wheels powdercoated, the look will be different. When I explained what I wanted done, one guy said it was odd, then said, well different. Another person said I get what your doing. Should be interesting.....I bought colored lug caps so the chrome lugs will not be noticed.http://www.colorlugs.com/ If anything, it will keep the salt off the lugs.

Are you allowed to run a different size tire? 205/50r15 is the same diameter which is what I intend to use once the stock tires are worn out. The 14 inch rim is a little strange in size so I think you need to go a little thinner to get the correct diameter.

Surprised we don't have to have the computer programmed each time we get new rubber.

I installed euro tail lights on my Jetta TDI, the car had to be reprogrammed to make the lights work. Volkswagen/Audi group offers a VAG-COM to DIY'ers. VAG-COM attaches to your laptop, which attaches to your OBD port (if I remember correctly) allows you to program just about everything your allowed to program, windows opening with key fob, drl on or off, etc. I didn't have a vag-com but I found someone local that had one and programmed the car for me. When I sold car, I removed lights, and of course had to have car programmed again..........Wonder if GM offers such a device?

I have not found a device like that for under a few thousand dollars. And here is the catch... All of this stuff must connect back to the GM computers, they need dealer ID code and accessory authenticity code in order to complete the programming. There are some third party tools, but I don't think they are up to this modern version which uses keys to activate options. But I am keeping an eye open for something that might work.