Instrument panel 17 spark

• 4 months later...

Now, I want a digital speedometer! Any updates after researching? I'm going to take a quick peak, however, I'm in the middle of a project on my car already so this may have to wait. I'll let you know what I find but my car is a 2014. I'm going to look for aftermarket options if possible. 

Not totally related but I am hooking up a PSI gauge. I'm hoping to have it on the side of the speedometer. (Left side of cluster) I didn't see anything too appealing for digital speedometers yet that fit my style. Keep me posted!

Edited by LittleBlue!
On 6/26/2018 at 0:49 AM, Bobby MSME said:

Anyone knows of a gadget which would plug into the computer port under dash (left side) and display coolant temp? I prefer to not use the phone.

TIA

Hi Bobby, I guess you are looking something like this.

A202 Mini Smart OBD Gauge Show Car Speed Meter Water Coolant Temperature Fuel Consumption Voltage Display OBD2 Scan Tool

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32825843538.html

I haven't tried this as I am using Bluetooth obd2 scanner with my phone.

On June 27, 2018 at 4:03 PM, ChevyBeat said:

Hi Bobby, I guess you are looking something like this.

A202 Mini Smart OBD Gauge Show Car Speed Meter Water Coolant Temperature Fuel Consumption Voltage Display OBD2 Scan Tool

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32825843538.html

I haven't tried this as I am using Bluetooth obd2 scanner with my phone.

Hi chevybeat,,,exactly what I am looking for!! Thanks !! But I am not familiar with that web-site. Have you bought anything from them? How is the summer going in India? Monsoons should arrive soon haha

Hi Bobby, AliExpress is retail site from the Alibaba group. Yes, it's a Chinese site and I am mainly buying small item only, which either I can't find in my city or Chevy is charging heavily. For example a plastic rivet I bought from Chevy service centre was around ₹40 while I got same from here for cheap ₹5, but its working well. I bought some other stuff but all small order. They accept major visa n master card and in past 1 year not got any payment related issue.

If you want to buy something big order, I suggest go for registered mail option like china post registered mail or AliExpress standard shipping. They even have fast shipping but I have not tried.

Biggest block is Customs, if they feel anything they will open package and could charge customs duty too. On this part, I guess someone from forum can guide if he/she bought and paid any custom duty. I so far not paid as small items are usually exempted (actually ignored) here (but lost 2 - 3 unregistered parcel as well :hammer_self:).

They have some purchase protection program, if you not received parcel or its not as per description, you can open a dispute with seller. Chance of refund are 50-50 or seller may ask to return product, which may cost even more.

P.S. just to mention, if your card provide virtual card option, I suggest to go with that for more on safety side. I am using a virtual debit card linked to account which is usually empty.

Edited by ChevyBeat

Bobby, I just checked on ebay and Amazon (both US site). Though these seems same from AliExpress. These are available there but with increased price. If you are ok you have that option as well.

https://www.amazon.com/VJOYCAR-Display-Speedometer-Diagnostic-Temperature/dp/B078JFGQN5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530476499&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=obd2+coolant+temperature&dpPl=1&dpID=41G4E2wS9tL&ref=plSrch&dpPl=1&dpID=41G4E2wS9tL&ref=plSrch

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Car-OBD-Smart-Digital-Auto-Display-Speedometer-Coolant-Temperature-Gauge-A202-/323320469389?nav=SEARCH

You can check other online store for keywords as "obd2 coolant temperature".