How Many Miles On Your Spark?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2013.  Closing in on 94,000.

Only issues I recall were:

- Maybe a coolant issue.  Tank needed replacing.  I'm 99% certain it was this car.  Known issue with this part, which was changed on later year models.

- The stupid deal with the frickin' anti-theft enabling when I'm trying to start.  Began happening around the 93K mark.  Typically, three or four tries and it works.  But one time I was stuck at a McDonalds for 30 minutes before it decided to go.  Doubt its my fob/battery but I did just order a new OEM FOB.  And two new batteries.

- The POS fob itself.  Metal part that holds the key in was such garbage metal that both my original fobs needed replacing.

It's #2 that's making me want to drive it off a cliff.  We'll see what the new fob and/or batteries do.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, mattbuc16 said:

- The stupid deal with the frickin' anti-theft enabling when I'm trying to start.  

I had that issue two times with our Olds Alero. It was the anti-theft system both times.

Left us stranded at the most inconvenient times and places. Such a stupid system it is.

Best anti-theft system is a steering wheel lock. I used that on my cars in Chicago, and

never had a car stolen even in bad locations. 

I thought I was reading my own post. :). I too bought same car on January 2nd and then took an 800+ trip 3 days later. Love the car and the 41 MPG on highway I got. (I have approximately 1250 miles on it) going to check out the oil level this morning. 

Edited by Schiel1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My 2013 has almost 73K on her. Had to do a lot of things to her that I didn't expect I'd ever have to do so early on.

Manual transmission linkage cable snapped at around 40K miles.

Air conditioner, completely SHOT at 55K. It was crappy since new even with the TSB and updates.

Replaced oil pan gasket (LEAKING badly!) and ignition switch at around 60K miles.

Front driver's seat vinyl was already splitting at 50K miles. I've been using a seat cover ever since.

Front passenger side wheel bearings replaced at 65K miles.

Exhaust leak was recently found at 72K miles.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, My 2010 Spark has now 97.000 km (60.000 miles) 16V 1,0 50 KW (68 HP), manual transmission

- Changed front brake pads at about 60.000 KM.

_Changed  coolant twice  (after 5 years and after changing the water pump?

-Changed Battery  after 7 years,(Was still usable but leaking acid)

at 70.000 km changed water pump belt and there is also another belt ..

-At 90.000 km changed water pump and belt tensioner (due to worn bearings)

Regular service after about 10.000 km , original GM 5W30 oil used. ) Does not burn any oil in 10.000-12.000 km interval. 

I have a problem with IDLE  sometimes, (runs rough i would say missfires)I t happens mostly  when the engine has not cooled down completely after short stay . or after t longer stay at traffic light.. Was mention that during regular maintenance but they did not solve the problem. Has anyone had the similar problem with Chevy Spark ? 2010-2013?

Edited by BrunoSpark
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

2018 model here with 36,000 miles on it. It's only been in the shop once, fortunately right before the warranty ran out, to replace the starter. I still love it and I'm quite dismayed to find out it's been discontinued by Chevrolet, as have most subcompact cars by manufacturers. I can't help but wonder if that's a concession to big oil to make up for electric cars by selling fewer cars that save gasoline...