Mudflap

How Many Miles On Your Spark?

12 posts in this topic

Our 2013 Spark turns five this month and has 29,030 miles on it. It's my wife's car and she still loves it.

ChevyBeat likes this

Mine is 2010 and its 29k km.

Its a car to love indeed. Apart from Spark, Suzuki Swift is car which I like for looks and performance.

2017 162 miles

75,000 miles 2014

2013 - 198,816

2013.  Closing in on 94,000.

Only issues I recall were:

- Maybe a coolant issue.  Tank needed replacing.  I'm 99% certain it was this car.  Known issue with this part, which was changed on later year models.

- The stupid deal with the frickin' anti-theft enabling when I'm trying to start.  Began happening around the 93K mark.  Typically, three or four tries and it works.  But one time I was stuck at a McDonalds for 30 minutes before it decided to go.  Doubt its my fob/battery but I did just order a new OEM FOB.  And two new batteries.

- The POS fob itself.  Metal part that holds the key in was such garbage metal that both my original fobs needed replacing.

It's #2 that's making me want to drive it off a cliff.  We'll see what the new fob and/or batteries do.

2017, that pic was about 3 month ago.....it'll turn over 106,000 miles while my wife is on the way to work with it today.

IMG_1616.jpg

LittleBlue! and Bobby MSME like this

On 12/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, mattbuc16 said:

- The stupid deal with the frickin' anti-theft enabling when I'm trying to start.  

I had that issue two times with our Olds Alero. It was the anti-theft system both times.

Left us stranded at the most inconvenient times and places. Such a stupid system it is.

Best anti-theft system is a steering wheel lock. I used that on my cars in Chicago, and

never had a car stolen even in bad locations. 

Purchased 2019 Spark LT i month 2 days ago.  Took it on a 850+ mile road trip to "break it in."  Was VERY pleased with the performance, both on the road in in rural streets.

Have 1,586 miles on it and as of today, have no problems.  Looking for a long term relationship with this economical vehicle.

I thought I was reading my own post. :). I too bought same car on January 2nd and then took an 800+ trip 3 days later. Love the car and the 41 MPG on highway I got. (I have approximately 1250 miles on it) going to check out the oil level this morning. 

Edited by Schiel1

2011 Holden Barina Spark (idk miles sorry I live in Aus)IMG_20181231_093701.jpg