2013 Chevrolet Spark - Won't start

Hi, I hope this is in the right place, if not please feel free to delete / move this post :)

My sister has a 2013 Chevrolet Spark, she called me this evening to say that the keys were stuck in the ignition and it wouldn't start. 

I came out to her to take a look, I made sure it was in Park and still nothing, no lights, no crank just dead. I jumped it off using my truck and as soon as I put the jumper cables to the battery the interior lights came on, the key came out of the ignition and it started. I followed her to her house and I told her to go get the battery checked in the morning. She ended up going out that night, but when she tried to start it, no crank and the keys wouldn't come out. I went back to her house with my battery charger and charged the battery, the interior lights came on and the keys came out of the ignition but now it won't start. No crank, just nothing. I've looked up on Google and some people seem to have had problems with other Chevrolet's doing a similar thing when it's been shifted into park to quickly but all seem to have resolved upon the initial jump start. Could the battery just be dead or I've fried a core of it or something with my truck? Any one ever had any similar problems? 

I should also say, it's very cold today, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not but it hasn't gotten above 15 degrees all day. 

Appreciate the help. 

On 2/11/2018 at 1:18 AM, billtakesphotos said:

Hi, I hope this is in the right place, if not please feel free to delete / move this post :)

My sister has a 2013 Chevrolet Spark, she called me this evening to say that the keys were stuck in the ignition and it wouldn't start. 

I came out to her to take a look, I made sure it was in Park and still nothing, no lights, no crank just dead. I jumped it off using my truck and as soon as I put the jumper cables to the battery the interior lights came on, the key came out of the ignition and it started. I followed her to her house and I told her to go get the battery checked in the morning. She ended up going out that night, but when she tried to start it, no crank and the keys wouldn't come out. I went back to her house with my battery charger and charged the battery, the interior lights came on and the keys came out of the ignition but now it won't start. No crank, just nothing. I've looked up on Google and some people seem to have had problems with other Chevrolet's doing a similar thing when it's been shifted into park to quickly but all seem to have resolved upon the initial jump start. Could the battery just be dead or I've fried a core of it or something with my truck? Any one ever had any similar problems? 

I should also say, it's very cold today, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not but it hasn't gotten above 15 degrees all day. 

Appreciate the help. 

Bad battery, bad starter relay, bad starter, blown fuse, bad key, fried alternator. It should also start in neutral so if the sensor is bad in park.