That's what I do too. What I don't get though is the highway is where it should be (38/39) but driving in the city is 24-25 around there. I don't get it. I filled up today I'm gonna wait until empty and if it's still low I'm bringing it in. And to be fair I'm not using the ac. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/31/2018 at 9:34 PM, GammaRadiation said:

These cars are gutless, particularly at high speed. Referencing motor trend figures: just under 11sec 0-60, 18sec quarter mile at 77mph. That's over 7 seconds to gain 17mph at highway speeds. A stock 90s civic is significantly faster. Both the Fiesta and Mazda 2 are significantly faster. If you've got a couple passengers or a few hundred pounds of cargo in the spark it's even worse. I wish Chevy had figured a way to cram the 150hp turbo in the spark, that would have been a hoot, but still not as fast as a Fiesta ST. 

Edit: Oh and the Honda fit is also faster. Basically the spark is one of if not the slowest compact hatches.

I use a 2019 spark manual to go to work.  Yeah it’s not super fast.  Around town and on the highway though I have no trouble at all keeping up with traffic.  I also don’t have much trouble passing on the highway if I’m in the right gear.  All the 0-60mph and quarter mile times mean nothing when you’re in the real world of stop and go traffic.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:49 PM, silverspark78 said:

That's what I do too. What I don't get though is the highway is where it should be (38/39) but driving in the city is 24-25 around there. I don't get it. I filled up today I'm gonna wait until empty and if it's still low I'm bringing it in. And to be fair I'm not using the ac. 

I did a trip this summer(75 miles each way).  Got 44mpg in my 5 speed manual.  Didn’t set the cruise over 68mph.