How to keep phone and car separate

So, I have my phone charger plugged directly into the USB port in my spark. Every time I plug my phone in, the car tries to connect to the phone and play music. I have to change the source back to FM, which is simple but annoying. I’m the type of person that wants to keep my phone completely disconnected from my car (unless charging). Would a simple cigarette outlet adapter solve this? Or is there a settting in the car I can change? I’ve turned the Bluetooth off on my phone, but it didn’t help. Thanks 

The mylink will try every time. I even set my usb settings for charge only and it still tries to connect to the phone. A car charger will will fix the problem, plus actually charge your phone faster. If you have a samsung there is a fast charger for the car available. My usb port cant even keep up with the power my phone uses for navigation.

Edited by Mr.tozzi
  • 1 month later...

After playing around with the Android Auto App, and the MyChevrolet App and the MyLink thing that also has a mind of it' own, I have totally given up on trying to get the touch screen in the Spark for phone/audio/navigation duties. Nothing worked properly. Internet searches about Android Auto as an example yield many bugs that Google just can't figure out. To complicate things, since I drive a tractor trailer for a living and have to use a hands free headset(BlueParrott 450) that device paired on my phone had a running argument with the myLink and Android Auto. They seem to battling for supremacy, with none of the systems strong enough to overule the others. 

Soooo I am have gone back to isolating the phone by uninstalling all the apps, just charge the phone on a separate phone charger and use the RCA plug on the phone into the jack. Since I drive 100,000 miles a year I am picky about my navigation systems, a Garmin GPS is light years ahead of any Google maps application. So that is over in the corner, if I am in the mood for internet radio it goes through the RCA jack, and the radio in the car is, just that a radio. Everybody is happy, and I use my BlueParrott headset just like in the truck. Better and clearer fidelity anyway. 

That seems to be a generic evolution issue of car audio. My Sony player (2010) does same when I plug pendrive, it instantly switches to USB play mode, though I am listening to Radio/Aux. At phone end, may be you can try for charge only mode for USB interface. Motorola have default "Charge only" mode, other may need to change.