Drivetrain/transmission issues?

Hi all, I'm new.

I bout a 2016 Spark in July of 2016. I have a history of having trouble with Chevy, but I loved the spark so I decided to give them another chance. The first year was great! It's a nice little car, felt really zippy. I put about 16k Miles on it from July '16 to now.

In september the clutch started to slip, so I took it in and it needed to be rebuilt. I've driven manuals my whole life (mostly motorcycles but cars as well, I learned to drive on a manual WRX sti with turbo) and never had an issue. I think I screwed up twice (thought I was in N and went to turn off the car and was in first) and stalled a few times. The dealer couldn't/wouldn't tell me why the clutch wore out so fast.

Now in november my speedo stopped working suddenly one morning. I took it to the dealer shop since its still under warranty and they've had the car about 18 days now. I was told it was an issue with the transmission and it needed to be rebuilt. They called me Friday to tell me the parts were in and that it would take a few more days because the differential and suspension were "on the floor still".

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any troubles like this? 

I'm worried that I've got a "close but no cigar" lemon. It can't be good that I'd have 2 significant issues with the drivetrain in the first 2 years.