So I purchased a 2014 spark 2lt last month. It appears d

To be produced in 11/14 (car was delivered to owner in December of 14). In the month I've owned it I did 3k miles on it. I've read a lot on here and I was wondering. Are people still having timing chain issues? Are people dealing with recall issues for the ac (cold, warm, cold warm)  and such? In just trying to see if the problems were fixed or if they are still problems. I only have 17k miles  in my car and love it but want to know if I  should be looking out for stuff that's still a known problem. A lot of the issue that were started in 13' or 14'. I know the coolant resivour will always be a problem because of its design but if that's the major problem existing today in happy. 

12 hours ago, Kradilla said:

So I purchased a 2014 spark 2lt last month. It appears d

To be produced in 11/14 (car was delivered to owner in December of 14). In the month I've owned it I did 3k miles on it. I've read a lot on here and I was wondering. Are people still having timing chain issues? Are people dealing with recall issues for the ac (cold, warm, cold warm)  and such? In just trying to see if the problems were fixed or if they are still problems. I only have 17k miles  in my car and love it but want to know if I  should be looking out for stuff that's still a known problem. A lot of the issue that were started in 13' or 14'. I know the coolant resivour will always be a problem because of its design but if that's the major problem existing today in happy. 

Seems like all issues on 13-15 sparks have been ironed out, the only thing left is the coolant reservoir. You will still see a few here and there with issues.

Ok great! When I first purchased this car I started reading all the issues and was soon kicking myself for buying into a problematic car. So I'm very glad to hear for everyone that the issues are resolved. The coolant  reservoir doesn't really bother me. I've always driven one cars. My average car age  was 30. So reservoirs popping and leaving is forget Saturday for me. But that being said I could be just starting the path. I couldn't get the ac when I purchased the car so that could be a problem and I only have 17k miles so timing chain here is to you lol.