Hatchback door on a 2017 Spark

I just purchased a 2017 Chevy Spark and I cannot believe I didn't get automatic locks/windows but the worst is there is no button nor manual lift to open the hatchback. 

I can open the gas tank but usually there is a lever to open hatchback, did I get cheated? Is this normal? Aren't all cars suppose to have a lever to open the hatchback? 

Also I have Onstar for 3 months I was asked to sign on and when I clicked the link to enter my email address someone else's email was already there...this was suppose to be a new car...

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER IF THIS IS NORMAL TOMORROW MAKES 1 WEEK WITH THIS CAR.

13 hours ago, Mema said:

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER IF THIS IS NORMAL

It is entirely normal for your model. Most buyers would test drive the car and test out, or at least ask about the features and options. The 3rd party email with ON-STAR was probably for sales people to demonstrate this feature to people who asked about the features of that model. You have a good car without the CVT problems if you have the manual tranny. As Tozzi said...spend some time with the nicely illustrated manual for your new Spark....

Mr. tozzi and Retired old Gearhead,

I appreciate your feedback and I have read the book. I will be going back to the dealer because they did give me a different vehicle from the first one. So with that being said the only dorky thing I did was after spending 8 hours at the dealership debating from the Spark vs Sonic............. I was very tired to notice.

My mistake didn't need for you 2 to make my first forum uncomfortable, great job on your part. Mr. tozzi there is only a handle slot above the plate not a lever and Retired old Gearhead hopefully you made the nicely illustration manual for everyone.

Have a Merry Christmas and may God Bless you both!

Mema

Edited by Mema
5 hours ago, Mema said:

Mr. tozzi and Retired old Gearhead,

I appreciate your feedback and I have read the book. I will be going back to the dealer because they did give me a different vehicle from the first one. So with that being said the only dorky thing I did was after spending 8 hours at the dealership debating from the Spark vs Sonic............. I was very tired to notice.

My mistake didn't need for you 2 to make my first forum uncomfortable, great job on your part. Mr. tozzi there is only a handle slot above the plate not a lever and Retired old Gearhead hopefully you made the nicely illustration manual for everyone.

Have a Merry Christmas and may God Bless you both!

Mema

The handle slot is the lever to open the hatch, just squeeze it and it should pop open. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so if you had a inside trunk release button, usually you have to get out of the car anyways, walk to the back of car, and get your stuff out of the trunk. So now in your Spark 2017 LS you will get out of the car, walk to the back of car and turn the (same) ignition key in the trunk lock. You hear a clicking sound of lock opening, and you lift the trunk hood using the hidden handle of the trunk. I see no big difference.

Actually this is a safer arrangement! Because a thief breaks your glass window and then has full access to the trunk. In your Spark, she can not open the trunk lid without the key.