Finally couldn't wait any longer and replaced the driver side wiper blade with a trico Flex. What I found out was that this is the same mount as the Silverado vehicle and all the Flex series have this adapter included. There might be other models that also work. I also noticed that the issues have been scratched into the glass and the new blade only slightly improved things. And these blades are so long that they can't keep good pressure at all points again leading to problems.

3000 miles and the main wiper was junk, the rear wiper was junk more than 1000 miles ago.

My wipers are fine at 6k miles. Try using Silbead windshield and glass treatment. It works great. I ran out and will have to buy more, kind of difficult to find, but it's worth it. I have used RainX, but it was always hit and miss. Sometimes you get a good batch, but most of the time I did not, and it would smear. I have also used Aquapel, it's not that good. Easy to use, no smearing, the results are not as good as Silbead...................RainX windshield washer fluid(orange) is great though, the only stuff I use, way better then the blue stuff. Plus after using it, it gives the windshield protection (wax, water blowing off) the RainX you apply by hand is supposed to give...............Silbead glass treatment with RainX windshield washer fluid, a great combination!

I've read that the washer fluid that contains rainx also contains weak sulfuric acid (not verified). What I need to do is cover my car with a product called Rejex http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html supposed to be wonderful but I haven't been able to apply it to the car yet. Also bought a bunch of CorrosionX to spray around under the car to try and prevent the road salt from killing it.

I went across the border to Windsor Ontario (less then 20 miles from me) and had car undercoated by Krown.

http://www.krown.com/ You have to do it yearly, but I have heard good things about it. They do make holes (they cap them), and I'm the type that does not like making holes in the car for any reason, but I feel this is worth it. From what I hear the American version of Krown (DIY) is this http://www.carwell.com/products-cp-90.htm. I have used both now, both leak out (don't stain cement, eventually dries up after a week or two). I prefer Krown, more gel like qualities. I was looking at a lot of undercoats, cars today have decent rust qualities from the factory, but they also don't have sufficient drainage out of the doors. I took one look at the seem, inside of door at the bottom, knew that it would be a problem, and I had to do something.

I looked at http://www.waxoyl-usa.com/ and I almost pulled the trigger, but I kept coming back to Krown. Lets just say they were very thorough! Not in a bad overspray kind of way, but in thorough! I had it coming out of the windshield wiper spray nozzles on the hood. Not saying it got in the nozzle, but coming out around the nozzle. Also this stuff does not hurt ANY electrical, hoses, paint, plastic. I like it alot, and certainly plan on taking the car to be done every year I own it.

• 3 months later...

Two days into having my Spark I used the front wipers......and where the bracket to the arm meets the wiper it scratched the full length of the bracket up the window. Took it into the dealer and said this isn't suppose to happen, what they found is the bracket is rubbing onto the window (first case they have had of this). Their going to look at it again at my first service and determine what course of action to take....is it any better no, horrible at night it's right in my field of vision and the lights almost blur across it. The dealer will be looking into replacing the front windshield for me, which has to happen, there are no scratches else where except the bracket length.

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem?

Yup, this seems to be the softest glass ever, mine might not be as deep as yours. I put a Trico Flex blade on when I saw that happening and have not gotten any more scratches. My dealers have not cared up to this point, so I doubt I will be able to get mine replaced under warranty, maybe now that you have experienced it I have a better chance so thanks for posting.

• 4 years later...
On 11/28/2012 at 9:44 PM, Greg_E said:

Finally couldn't wait any longer and replaced the driver side wiper blade with a trico Flex. What I found out was that this is the same mount as the Silverado vehicle and all the Flex series have this adapter included. There might be other models that also work. I also noticed that the issues have been scratched into the glass and the new blade only slightly improved things. And these blades are so long that they can't keep good pressure at all points again leading to problems.

3000 miles and the main wiper was junk, the rear wiper was junk more than 1000 miles ago.

My new 2017 spark now had a semi circle scratch on passenger's side. It has been caused by the metal clamp holding the rubber.