Hello,

I purchased a second hand 2013 Chevrolet Spark 1.2i in April this year. Shortly after the second hand dealer's warranty expired, in late June, the gear shift started jamming. It only happens once in a while, and involves slowing down and shifting to 2nd or 1st gears, as well as reverse.  Sometimes the jamming comes when starting off as you get in the car, or when trying to move off at traffic lights or roundabouts.  The stick is just impossible to shift and you have to take the foot off the clutch or even turn the car off.  It's still not something that happens constantly, but it concerns me, especially having read about clutch recalls and pedals falling off in the UK.  As you can imagine, it's also a concern that this might put me at risk of having an accident by not being able to move off at traffic lights or roundabouts with cars behind me.

I took it to the dealership and they did not find a specific diagnosis, but wanted to charge me an exorbitant price to change the whole clutch system.  

I am interested in other Spark owners' experience with similar issues and your views.  Also, I would appreciate it if GM could shed some light on the recall issue, because the description of users' problems with the clutch around the recall sound similar to what is happening with my car.

Thank you

• 3 years later...