2014 Chevy Spark $287 Hose Replacement

I decided to join this forum in search of guidance to shed some much needed light in the painful past 3 years of constant recalls and dealership visits regarding my Chevy Spark 2014 . Just recently I noticed a leak coming from the front passenger side . After taking the vehicle to get diagnosed , turns out the coolant  hose was leaking. I was shocked to hear this , yet another mishap involving this car . No where does it state in the maintence schedule , something like this is suppose to happen . My car also has 50k miles on it . Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation like this ? Can anyone tell me whatelse I should look forward to ? The dealership is the only place I allow to get my oil changed and routinely checked , this really came to me as a surprise , how did they miss this , yet another fire hole in my pocket , 287 dollars worth this month . A couple of months ago , it’s 250 regarding a battery replacement . My significant other happens to have purchased 2014 Toyota Camry and he has yet to take the vehicle in for anything , only oil changes . He happens to also work for the Chronicle for the city and finds this just as peculiar as I . Can someone share anything ?! Please and thank you . 

Side note ! Does anyone know more information regarding the 2015 class action settlement for this particular model , 2014 Chevy Spark . 

How much did your significant other paid for that Camry? I recently bought a new 2017 Spark which was listed for $14k, was discounted thousands of dollars, aprox $3000. So net $11,000. I bet I can buy 2 Sparks and have money left over from a Camry purchase. 

Also, try to find a NON-dealer shop for such things as hose changes, brake jobs, etc after warranty expires.

I thought of doing that but with the amount of times this car has had me in and out the dealership , and having to use other forms of transportation for work , etc ..I’m hesitant of other repair places option . I want the dealership to have documents of everything .    I feel this time and money should be accounted for in some imaginary bill statement . Anywho , there was one time , the coolant resovior was leaking , about a year ago . The dealership replaced this and a few other radiator components . So I just found this incident a bit weird , I also understand I may be just a bit too concerned . I paid 14k back in 2014 and in total with the back loan , a high 15k. But shoot , if I knew of this future , I’d gladly invest the extra 4K pfor a different brand and model . I’d rather have a trustworthy vehicle than not knowing or how many Lyfts it takes to kill a working citizens bank account . Working as a substitute teacher in a big city , where commute is 10 min or more , no less , does not help this situation , makes it worse .  

I too have had the coolant issue. Its the coolant tank thats the issue. I bet yours failed a second time or they didn't get a hose right when they replaced the tank.  Seems all of the 13-15's had the issue. Cost me $35 plus ten minutes of my time. The battery is just a maintenance issue. All batteries go bad. I replaced mine last winter for $110 from Autozone. It is the exact same battery that you purchased from the dealer. It is stamped Made in South Korea. Other then those two things I have had no other issues. I just turned 60,000 miles. Its all part of car ownership. I have had cars far worse then this. 

I know of no class action lawsuit for the Sparks. I just Googled it and couldn't find anything on it either. 

Edited by Ray Dockrey
  • 2 weeks later...