Rear Seat Delete with Cargo Tray

with the amount of tools required for me to transport for work, the seats took up too much space. Removing them gave me an additional  8" of head space (after taking into account this tray). Also, with me removing them and making this piece removable as well, I can keep the seats in good condition for when (If ever) I need to transport passengers. 

9 hours ago, Jmcsqrd said:

with the amount of tools required for me to transport for work, the seats took up too much space. Removing them gave me an additional  8" of head space (after taking into account this tray). Also, with me removing them and making this piece removable as well, I can keep the seats in good condition for when (If ever) I need to transport passengers. 

I like the work you did, it looks good. If the extra 8inches were not an issue it would be good if that tray folded up and down with the seats, it would save them from torture.

• 1 year later...

I want to do this too for a long cross country trip.  Has anyone else tried this with their Spark. 

Also, if you only undo the three bolts that atta h the seats to the frame/body of the vehicle, would you be able to reinstall them at a later dAte without issue?  I am worried that reinstalation might be problematic. 

P.s.  I apologize for threadnomancy, I know this thread has been long innactive but this is the only thread I have found with related info.  

Edited by Sennacherib
6 hours ago, Sennacherib said:

I want to do this too for a long cross country trip.  Has anyone else tried this with their Spark. 

Also, if you only undo the three bolts that atta h the seats to the frame/body of the vehicle, would you be able to reinstall them at a later dAte without issue?  I am worried that reinstalation might be problematic. 

P.s.  I apologize for threadnomancy, I know this thread has been long innactive but this is the only thread I have found with related info.  

I removed my back seats and put some noise reducing material down. If you just take the seats out they are incredibly easy to put back. I've taken them out and put them back dozens of times now without issue. I have a 2014. Best of luck and safe travels

Awesome.  Thank you so much for the quick response.  I have a 2019.  I’m planning on unbolting the bolts that hold the seats but leaving the bracket in the center in place.    

The bolts that I was worried about are pictured.   Do they bolt strait into the frame then with no nut on the other side to hold them?

What sort of noise reduction material did you use?

38B9060A-5ABC-4613-A15D-9F05BC06B8B7.jpeg

3AEE346B-1A67-4563-9608-6879D6689DA1.jpeg

Yeah, the bolts on the side go straight into the frame and no nuts to keep track of. I bought this material from Noico. It's like a rubber adhesive that I put on the entire back cabin and trunk area to reduce noise. Turned out I had a bad wheel bearing/bent rim.

After I replaced those and installed the Noico material it's really nice and quiet. Obviously the majority of the noise was the wheel bearing issue but I think I paid like $35 on amazon for the material and would do it again.This is all covered by carpet. 

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-Automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B012B5EMGO

20180302_233224.jpg.56c14e5c2b5151df9c7a642ad5546b25.jpg

Edited by LittleBlue!
  • 2 years later...