Have you installed any additional USB ports for charging devices in your Spark? I have a 2015 Spark 1LT manual and have been thinking about putting in a couple dash-mounted USB ports. I found a few aftermarket backlit USB ports available online; obviously the install would require some dash/panel modification and running wire either to a spare fuse block or directly to the battery. Was thinking they could be mounted on either side of the factory USB/aux ports on the little panel below the A/C controls. My GPS occupies the 12v lighter outlet, and my wife likes to plug her iPhone into the factory USB port to charge, but then the MyLink always randomly switches to "iPod" playback which automatically disables the Bluetooth music function...really annoying. And the factory USB must have really low amperage because it takes forever to charge the phone. Just curious if anyone else might have attempted a mod like this for better charging. Thanks in advance!

It isnt hard to do, run power from battery to a relay, trigger it from the original power socket and make holes for the ports. Or get one of these and skip all thw work USB Car Charger, TeckNet PowerDash D2 9.6A/48W 4-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with BLUETEK Technology For Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / Mini 4,Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01456U4N2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CwdJzb59KCZK7

• 2 weeks later...

i second that. i have a multi-USB port permanently plugged into my 12v socket to power an extra device if need be.

in fact, since i use MyLink / Android Auto all the time in the factory USB port, i have a special daisy chain wire that allows my phone to get an extra charge boost:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047AALS0/

basically my phone plugs into two USB ports at once. the factory port so it can communicate with the dash, and my 12v charger so it actually charges. the MyLink port is USB 1.0 and is very weak.

• 1 year later...