painting inside of lights

I was wondering if anyone has opened up the headlights or tail lights of their Spark in order to paint the interior parts. Rather than just tinting my lights I was thinking abiut splitting the housing and properly painting parts. Was just wondering if anyone had attempted this.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has opened up the headlights or tail lights of their Spark in order to paint the interior parts. Rather than just tinting my lights I was thinking abiut splitting the housing and properly painting parts. Was just wondering if anyone had attempted this.

See "Foglight install" posted by Greg_E, in the Modifications and Accessories section. He did an AWESOME job of showing what it takes to install a factory foglight kit, and in it he shows how to remove the headlights. You might change your mind after you see how involved it is. Good luck!
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've tried to open up the factory headlights, i recommend that you wait for aftermarket headlights cause the factory ones are held together with Perma Seal. i've damaged my headlights trying to take them apart. Baking them does not work unfortunately, the headlight melts before the glue/seal does. just waiting on Depo to make replacements so i can finally do my Projector Retrofit Project.

• 3 years later...
On 4/8/2013 at 9:24 PM, SparkyRed said:

I've tried to open up the factory headlights, i recommend that you wait for aftermarket headlights cause the factory ones are held together with Perma Seal. i've damaged my headlights trying to take them apart. Baking them does not work unfortunately, the headlight melts before the glue/seal does. just waiting on Depo to make replacements so i can finally do my Projector Retrofit Project.

Been a few year but did you or anyone else do anything with the headlights?

• 1 month later...
On 02/22/2017 at 1:07 AM, ANewSpark said:

Been a few year but did you or anyone else do anything with the headlights?

I also want to install a flexi LED with Switchback for turn indicator. But haven't yet opened the headlights. For a YouTube video, one need to cook/bake (or whatever yout term it) it to  open clear lens  for any modification.