CVT working OK? Idle is smooth? Power OK? Using AC with the CVT lowers gas mileage so does a slipping tranny. Make sure your car rolls freely on a slight incline to check for brakes binding a bit. If engine idles smoothly and runs OK then my first guess would be slipping tranny or tranny running in the wrong gear. That, or brakes are binding. If neither, then engine is running too rich..might be a fouled MAS or other sensor. No warning lights?

Too soon to expect any consistent mileage out of it. You should let that engine rev for the first few thousand miles and not be baying it to get gas mileage. If you have not changed your oil yet you should do it very soon.

15 hours ago, Gossamer said:

I don't know about the 2016 model, but I know my 2013 (with auto trans) had hill assist.

If the 2016 has it too, the roll test won't prove anything, since the car won't roll.

Engine off and in neutral or engine on and in neutral.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

Are you using different gas, are you driving in a different route than before?

Is that number out of a bunch of short city runs or out of your commute? 

Is your air filter clean? Is your tire pressure correct? There are too mamy factors that affect gas mileage, and your mood alsp counts. 

I can get as high as 43mpg and as low as 22 depending on my driving style alone.