Has anyone installed rear speakers on the 2017 LS?

I would not add any speakers to the mylink unit without an amp.

If I were the one adding rear speakers, I would actually just buy front and rears, and a compact 4 ch amp like this one  https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTP445U/Alpine-KTP-445U-Power-Pack.html as it does not need a heavy power wire run from the battery and it should tuck in under the dash, use the stock speaker wires just for amp inputs and run all 4 speakers out of the amp. 

get outta here the new sparks dont come with rear speakers ??? or are you upgrading from factory rear speakers ?

UPDATE: christ just read up and NOPE no rear speakers on the 2016 and 2017 models... sucks...

it should be noted

he emailed GM and they said adding rear speakers would be a modification and if your car fails they'll have the right to prove the failure was due to the rear speaker addition LOL ! but anyway

some one else pointed out that if MYlink is now standard and the higher end models have the same mylink system it would just be a matter of removing the mylink unit and plugging in rear speakers. Now will chevy know you added speakers... nope the mechanic probably wont even look lol.

for the record i upgraded my speakers and added a sub to my 2013

Edited by Lovgun7

" some one else pointed out that if MYlink is now standard and the higher end models have the same mylink system it would just be a matter of removing the mylink unit and plugging in rear speakers."

In the tone settings for the LS there are only left and right balance controls for the front. If the MyLink is the same as in the LT I wonder if by putting in rear speakers, the balance rear controls are activated as well as the front and back fader... that would be strange.

Im a relatively new Chevy technician and a new 2017 spark ls owner.  I have only had my car a few weeks and really haven't had a chance to do much research yet but at first glance at the wiring diagram in SI (service information) it looks like the radio hardware for the LS and LT are the same however there is a different software program.  So adding rear speakers would not activate the fader controls.  However it should be possible for a Chevy tech to reprogram the radio to accommodate rear speakers.  I hope to figure this out soon but I have very little free time and no spare money to invest in rear speakers yet so no promises.  :P

• 10 months later...
On 4/5/2017 at 11:07 PM, Spark381 said:

Im a relatively new Chevy technician and a new 2017 spark ls owner.  I have only had my car a few weeks and really haven't had a chance to do much research yet but at first glance at the wiring diagram in SI (service information) it looks like the radio hardware for the LS and LT are the same however there is a different software program.  So adding rear speakers would not activate the fader controls.  However it should be possible for a Chevy tech to reprogram the radio to accommodate rear speakers.  I hope to figure this out soon but I have very little free time and no spare money to invest in rear speakers yet so no promises.  :P

Did you figure this out?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I will soon be installing rear speakers in my 2017. I bought the factory speakers and mounts. I will post back on here with details and pictures when the time comes. If there is no factory wiring, I may wire all the speakers through my amp or jump the front right and left to the rears as I may want all the amp power going to my 12" sub.

• 3 months later...

Hey guy's i have a 19 spark LT i have rear door speakers but would like to upgrade them as well as the front's does anyone know the factory size if for the front's and the rears ? i keep getting to they are 4in i am not doing mod's there going to be discrete with the factory door panel's any help would be great Thanks

• 1 year later...

i Have a 2018 Chevy Spark base model and to answer a few of the questions i saw, when i installed my rear speakers there was no wiring to them so i ran my own wires, i found out you have to add the rear speaker pins to the factory connector as they do not exist on the connector side but they do have the pins from the radio itself, im currently trying to see if i can have my radio reprogrammed to enable the rear signal output will let you guys know what i find out, fyi im a recently new tech for my local cadillac dealer and will update on what i find out.