Just picked up a new 2017 Spark LS

You have power door locks? My new LS 2017 is all manual door locks but the driver's door opens automatically when transmission is shifted to park! I have 240 miles on it now and car computer says my mpg is 33 (mostly city driving, and 50 miles highway. ) it is zippy and fun to drive and easy to park with the rear view camera, standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome!

I was not aware of the single power lock "feature" on the base model - obviously one power lock assembly is cheaper to install than all four, but it does make you wonder why they bothered at all. It's certainly a conversation piece, though, as you're leaning across the car to let your bemused passenger in.

I can relate about the unexpected tech features on a car this small and inexpensive, though. Our '14 1LT also has the MyLink touchscreen radio, which always makes people ask if it has navigation. I would argue that it does - on the separate screen that is my phone, anyway.

Duncan B)

13 hours ago, Duncan said:

Welcome!

I was not aware of the single power lock "feature" on the base model - obviously one power lock assembly is cheaper to install than all four, but it does make you wonder why they bothered at all. It's certainly a conversation piece, though, as you're leaning across the car to let your bemused passenger in.

Only ONE door has power lock...so that...OnStar can unlock your car if you locked yourself out? Ditto with the trunk lock. There is no inside release lever but OnStar can remotely unlock the trunk??

Edited by Bobby MSME
trunk
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2017 at 1:13 AM, Bobby MSME said:

You have power door locks? My new LS 2017 is all manual door locks but the driver's door opens automatically when transmission is shifted to park! I have 240 miles on it now and car computer says my mpg is 33 (mostly city driving, and 50 miles highway. ) it is zippy and fun to drive and easy to park with the rear view camera, standard.

Hi! 
I feel like I got totally ripped off. 3 years ago I bought a 2013 spark and I paid $11,783. And I paid cash. Wow! 
great deal with this!