2016-2017 compatible?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I see the 2018's will again be unchanged other than a color option called "sorbet". So that is good for parts availability in the future and also means there were few flaws (so far) in the 2016 redesign other than the airbag recall which is a minor issue IMHO. Sadly these cars have had dismal sales in the states so I wonder just how much longer they will be imported.. After I bought mine my dealer told me that they weren't even ordering any more for the lot because they just sit there and collect dust until they are sold at a loss. :sad:

Edited by Fire Spark
7 hours ago, Fire Spark said:

I see the 2018's will again be unchanged other than a color option called "sorbet". So that is good for parts availability in the future and also means there were few flaws (so far) in the 2016 redesign other than the airbag recall which is a minor issue IMHO. Sadly these cars have had dismal sales in the states so I wonder just how much longer they will be imported.. After I bought mine my dealer told me that they weren't even ordering any more for the lot because they just sit there and collect dust until they are sold at a loss. :sad:

The spark is treated by the sales staff like your crazy uncle hidden away in the basement. When I was in a Chevy dealership in Marysville, WA they never showed me the Spark. Chevy was offering $50 for simply test driving any Chevy on lot. I recall driving 2 different Chevy models, none named Spark. I never knew such a car named Spark existed until I saw them at dealership  in NE Florida in a back lot. Any sales person, auto or real-estate or retail will always push more expensive items to make more commissions. What is the last time you saw GM pushing Sparks in TV Ads?

Edited by Bobby MSME
On 8/6/2017 at 4:31 PM, Bobby MSME said:

The spark is treated by the sales staff like your crazy uncle hidden away in the basement. When I was in a Chevy dealership in Marysville, WA they never showed me the Spark. Chevy was offering $50 for simply test driving any Chevy on lot. I recall driving 2 different Chevy models, none named Spark. I never knew such a car named Spark existed until I saw them at dealership  in NE Florida in a back lot. Any sales person, auto or real-estate or retail will always push more expensive items to make more commissions. What is the last time you saw GM pushing Sparks in TV Ads?

We went there specifically for the 2016 Spark and our salesman never showed us any other car or tried to push another one on us.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:05 PM, Eric1984 said:

We went there specifically for the 2016 Spark and our salesman never showed us any other car or tried to push another one on us.

If you specifically knew which model you were interested in and asked for it, that makes sense. In my case, I walked into the dealership and expressed my interest in test driving any car on lot, to secure my $50 bonus check. At the time I did not even know Chevy had a Korean made car with the Spark nameplate. I remember driving a Cruze and one another model, but not a Spark. I will give them benefit of doubt, in that they thought I would be interested in something to match the G5 I was driving, which is larger and has bigger engine than the Spark.

Edited by Bobby MSME

I have been very impressed with my 17 LS. I have 4,200 miles on it and 1,400 of those miles were from a road trip to the Canadian Rockies. The car shocked me how well it drove on the highway and wind noise was not a problem. I owned cars that were double the price of the Spark and the road and wind noise was very loud. I bought my LS for $4600 off MSRP. I wouldn't buy this car near MSRP though but for the price I paid, it is a hell of a car for what I use it for.

I don't think the Spark will last another generation here in the US, sales are down to below 1,000 units a month. The next generation Sonic is on the chopping block. Ford isn't going to bring the new Fiesta here either. As long as there is cheap gas in the US, the short sighted American will continue to buy CUV/SUV type autos.

12 hours ago, finklejag said:

I have been very impressed with my 17 LS. I have 4,200 miles on it and 1,400 of those miles were from a road trip to the Canadian Rockies. The car shocked me how well it drove on the highway and wind noise was not a problem. I owned cars that were double the price of the Spark and the road and wind noise was very loud. I bought my LS for $4600 off MSRP. I wouldn't buy this car near MSRP though but for the price I paid, it is a hell of a car for what I use it for.

I don't think the Spark will last another generation here in the US, sales are down to below 1,000 units a month. The next generation Sonic is on the chopping block. Ford isn't going to bring the new Fiesta here either. As long as there is cheap gas in the US, the short sighted American will continue to buy CUV/SUV type autos.

I agree with everything you said. Yeah, gas prices will not stay at $2.25 for ever. When they are again over $4, our used Sparks with 38-40 mpg will fetch great prices :hysterical:

On 8/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, Bobby MSME said:

If you specifically knew which model you were interested in and asked for it, that makes sense. In my case, I walked into the dealership and expressed my interest in test driving any car on lot, to secure my $50 bonus check. At the time I did not even know Chevy had a Korean made car with the Spark nameplate. I remember driving a Cruze and one another model, but not a Spark. I will give them benefit of doubt, in that they thought I would be interested in something to match the G5 I was driving, which is larger and has bigger engine than the Spark.

Would be nice if my dealer was offering that 50 dollars, would fill up the tank 2-3 times. And if they had me test drive a Cruze, I have a feeling that we would've been driving out in a Cruze, since I prefer the new model Cruze over the Spark (But the Spark is my wives car).

1 hour ago, Eric1984 said:

Would be nice if my dealer was offering that 50 dollars, would fill up the tank 2-3 times. And if they had me test drive a Cruze, I have a feeling that we would've been driving out in a Cruze, since I prefer the new model Cruze over the Spark (But the Spark is my wives car).

If my memory serves me right, I test drove a Sonic & a Cruze. My then current car Pontiac G5 was much more fun to drive, so I was not interested. Only after the dealer mechanic messed the G5 during coolant change, I traded the G5 for the Spark. The G5 had more power but I liked the nimbleness of the Spark and the price was right.

This 2007 Pontiac G5 served me very well for 9 years and drove it from Seattle to Florida at speed limits and it was a gas.

r9h7qh.jpg