Factory undercoating

Bought my 2017 last week, anyone else have spots missing from the underside? Looks like they sprayed front to back at a 45 degree missing rear faces. Please post pictures, lineX dealer said they will do the whole belly for $500, currently have an appointment at the dealer so a mechanic can verify manufacture defect.

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

That kinda undercoating is only good on a new car with ZERO rust and ZERO dirt..otherwise you will seal all that stuff in and rust will grow pretty quickly even from an very small nick..if covered and or wet. Best thing is to get a vegetable oil based under-spray done at a shop that does this or do it yourself using something like "Rust-Check" (seeps in all the nooks, and seams) or any non petroleum..rubber safe spray. I use a cheap Walmart tire shine spray..Green bottle..forgot the name...safe on rubber and I use it on the engine aluminum as well as under the car etc..very safe silicone based and keeps away oxidation as well as creeping into seams and rust etc...Do not EVER use WD-40 for this as it is harmful to rubber...K?

Hello Metro2.0,

We understand why this would be concerning and do apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing with your Spark. Please keep us updated on your dealership visit and feel free to reach out by direct message if an extra layer of assistance is needed. We appreciate your time and look forward to your future updates.

Jasmine 

Chevrolet Customer Care