First Mod on 2017 Spark LS: Horn Replacement

Took the whiny single tone horn of the Spark and replaced it with a Silverado dual tone horn. The part number for the Silverado horn is 23494624 and it is "plug and play". However, because the Silverado horn is two units (low tone and high tone) VS the original single one, some bending and rearranging was needed for the items to fit. I ended up fabricating a new support for the two horns, but with some bending even the original brackets could be reused.

I was too excited and didn't take pictures for a step-to-step guide, but make sure that horn openings are facing downwards.

The resulting sound for the horns is amazing and the total cost is about $24 for the brand new Silverado horns on eBay. Coincidentally, I had to use the horn right after I finished installing it because some CRV just merged into my lane. Turns out there are some posts in this very forum about other drivers not seeing the Spark and tailgating the tiny car. This seems to be anecdotally true in my short time driving the Spark. Oh well, I am waiting for my dash cam to arrive and install it

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Killerluigi91 said:

i put Air horns in my 2013 spark

Ya, well, thought about doing that myself. I have dual airs on my Rover simply because, well, I have no patience and am prone to waving my arms and swearing when traffic is not moving as it I think it should or someone is blocking my right turn on a red because they waiting to turn left from the right lane, etc. So with the air horns I save my voice...in the Rover anyway. Spark I find I can usually get around cars a little easier because of the small size and tight handling. Not sure if drivers would pay much attention to a tiny car that sounds a loud horn..kinda like not being intimidated by a tiny poodle with a loud bark where as a large, loud Pit Bull is taken a bit more seriously...well, you get my drift... Still..air horns are a nice touch! Post a pix of the install/location for us when you have some time...K?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 5:14 PM, Killerluigi91 said:

it would be fun to put train horns on my car.

OK...Lets not get carried away here...Ha.. Still..I think airs are a great add to any car..depending on where they live and the patience of the driver. Great for waking up some drug crazed hippie sleepily driving along..not so good for blasting a gang banger checking out his hardware stash...'Nuff said on that...