Battery/Alternator system - Wanting info

Hello all, Been awhile..due to projects / work / holidays.  I'm in need of wanting to know a couple things about this car, as its a bit different from what I'm use to seeing.  Usually I see a big fat cable that goes directly from the alternator, straight to the positive post of the battery.  In the case of the spark, I do not see this. It snakes way behind stuff. Then at the battery theres this stupid costume fuse-block, which seems weird to me.  No direct wire from the alt, to the battery.  Is there a reason for this?  Does this car like...pass the power to some regulator/controller, that charges the battery in some fancy-way that normal cars do not?  Its just really weird to me that I do not see a beefy cable being dead-mounted to the battery, for the alternator to charge it properly.  I just assume they wire it weird and due to that, the battery probably cant charge as fast as it should be able to.. or may not get the voltages it needs.

On the backside of the stock alt. You can see it says 14V 100A.  I never actually checked to see if the battery actually reads "14V" during run, but I'd assume it should be near-abouts, minuse V-Drop with loads.
4lKLCME.jpg

We can see the alternator from the bottom of the car without removing anything.  At a glance, the boot has nice large cable that comes out, and runs straight up.

wUBpMaA.png

It terminates to some device ( I'm not a car mech. ) I'm assuming steering related?  A similar cable then runs off into who-knows-where.
eXJL48w.jpg

My initial thought was COOL!  Look at all that exposed thread on that screw! Just gotta take 4-Awg, Slap it on, bolt it down, run it to the battery, AWESOME! Life is easy. Ehhhhh..No. Because I removed the red cover, and went What..the actual..F. Fuses. On all wires.. Okay, I can respect that. We have a 150A "UEC" which, I want to assume is the alternator?  Some 80A REC..whatever that is.   80A EPS..whatever that is. and 400A "GAS"..Really..what is this one? I wouldnt think sparkplugs and all need a 400A fuse? That seems like a really crazy number..especially when we have a 100A alternator.
uisADhv.jpg

So yeah.. Really I'm just trying to dig up information here. What the UEC/REC/EPS/GAS fuses actually are for. Future scoping things out in-case i ever do switch the alternator some day, I want to verify If its just that UEC 150A connection, so if I do beef-cable jump straight off the alternator, I'll obviously just run my own  properly sized fuse.